The RPM team is responsible for the core Ruby codebase which powers major parts of APM, New Relic’s flagship product. We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern to help continue to scale and maintain this Rails application. This team will be breaking out critical parts of the application into new Java services in the coming year.
You will be part of a close-knit team that values positive and kind communication while supporting each other to step up to do our best work!
What You’ll Do
- Refactor legacy Ruby code to improve code maintainability and efficiency
- Learn to leverage production incidents to make improvements to the performance and reliability of systems
- Help build a continuous deployment pipeline that pushes our flagship product to our customers on a daily basis
As an Intern at New Relic, you will join our Product team for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning in either May or June and spend 10-12 weeks working as a valued member of our engineering team.
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited university
- Completed at least two years of an undergraduate program
- Returning to your degree program after the internship
- You have production-level experience in a modern object-oriented language such as Ruby and Java
- Experience building a user experience that customers love
- Driven to learn new technologies
- You are curious about how modern browsers work, the vast amounts of data they process, and what that data can tell you about your app
- Degree focus in Computer Science preferred
- Participation in university clubs
- Examples – SWE, WiCS, SHPE, NSBE, ACM, and any others focusing on the professional development of your computer science skills
- Leadership experience in clubs or on projects
- Exposure to mob coding
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this internship. Note that we do not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B “cap case” petition for future work authorization.
About Our Internship Program
We offer a paid 10-12 week internship program for students to join us on our journey to create a more perfect internet! During your internship, you’ll work on real-world projects that will make an impact on our business, and develop practical skills that you can apply throughout the rest of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Executive leadership roundtables
- Work with a dedicated mentor through our formalized mentorship program
- Gain useful skills through professional development trainings
- Connect with your intern community through meetings, projects, and social events
- Learn about the company and our mission to instrument, measure and improve the internet
- Showcase your work via a final presentation to management
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That’s why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.