New York Habitat (http://www.nyhabitat.com), a successful International Real Estate & Travel Agency specialized in the Furnished Rental, Bed & Breakfast and Vacation Rental markets in New York, Paris, London and the South of France, is looking for a highly motivated and positive individual to participate in the Real Estate Internship Program.
New York Habitat offers our interns a well-designed training program where they will learn the ins and outs of international real estate. We encourage our interns to share their ideas through reports at the end of each week in order to develop new projects with the company.
- Acquire basic knowledge of New York Real Estate laws.
- Learn about Real Estate by assisting the department that oversees building issues, leases, condominiums, and co-op rules and regulations.
- Learn how to research and verify official documentation such as Deeds, Leases, Certificates of Incorporation, etc., for the listing approval process on HPD and ACRIS.
- Develop techniques to connect with listing owners in order to explain the company’s need for compliance.
- Learn how to manage the calendar of the listing agents and plan the visits for our New York apartments.
- Enhance communications skills by learning how to communicate with both new and current apartment owners in order to obtain the most up-to-date legal paperwork and ensure the maximum amount of listings on our database.
- You are a current student with a major in business or real estate.
- You are detail-oriented.
- You have excellent writing/communication skills in English.
- You are dependable, punctual, and dedicated to doing your assigned work.
- You are available for a minimum of 3 months, 15h/week.
- You can attain Academic Credits for your Internship. (Necessary)
- You are able to work remotely.
Only Students with Pre-approved credit will be considered! Flexible schedule possible!
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application through our job opportunities page: https://nyhabitat.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=145.