Columbia College Chicago students: contact Internship and Career Advisors to see if position is eligible for academic credit
***NOTE: All internships are virtual and for current students seeking academic credit only. Interns should also have the ability to commit to a 6-month position.***
New York Minute Magazine is a rapidly growing online startup, with a virtual office. Here at New York Minute Magazine, we are devoted to empowering women and redefining what it means to be successful. We invite everyone to share in our love for the written word and use it to say something meaningful. we know that life can be busy, so we strive to provide our readers with a daily dose of useful and enjoyable entertainment that can be read in a ‘New York Minute.’ Visit our website (http://www.newyorkminutemag.com) to learn more!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
– Our motto is “Your Story Starts Here,” because we are passionate about helping interns in their road to success. Still a newbie in your field? No problem. We’ll help you get to where you want to go.
– We offer internships year-round, with flexible hours and an upbeat work environment! Our positions are perfect for current students.
– We have a completely virtual office, so you can work from ANYWHERE and there’s no commute!
– We have all of our meetings via video call, so get ready for casual Friday every day, and by casual Friday we mean wearing your pajamas at 4 pm on a Tuesday.
– We are very serious about having fun. No bores allowed! (You better be caught up on your Game of Thrones!)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position requires a dedicated and motivated intern who is able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment. As our Founder’s Assistant Intern, you will be responsible for taking on any project or responsibility that she assigns. This could range from training a new intern to leading a project. This internship will provide you with a well-rounded understanding of how a start up business runs. You will be a part of every department and overseeing other interns on behalf of our Founder.
– Working towards a bachelor’s degree in a related field
– Excellent communication skills and a talent for collaboration
– An interest in learning how a digital start up business runs
– Past experience in Human Resources or Project Management is preferred
-This is a virtual internship. New hires must be willing to be accountable for themselves when working.
Your responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
– Meeting with our Founder on a weekly basis
– Attending all team weekly meetings
– Leading the business development and marketing/PR teams
– Writing and editing business plans and contracts
– Researching new ways to help our business thrive
– Sitting in on intern interviews and advising during the the hiring process
– Train new interns and assign them work