Press Office — New York City
Student Assistant for Press
Reference No. PO_NYC_PUGS_SPR_2021
Paid, Part-Time Opportunity for Undergraduate Students
The Press Office in the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a talented and committed undergraduate student for a paid placement during the spring 2021 semester.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Compiling daily news briefs;
· Monitoring news updates;
· Maintaining and updating media database;
· Coordinating with statewide news outlets;
· Providing creative input to the press process;
· Editing and proofreading press releases;
· Answering high volume phone calls; and
· Assisting with social media content and monitoring.
Candidates should have strong writing, analytical, and organizational skills. Close attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines is required. An interest in public service and a familiarity with New York State government is a plus.
· Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the OAG will be hosting an exclusively remote spring program.
- Applications from students entering their first year of college/university will not be considered.
- To be eligible for a paid placement, applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in good academic standing as defined by their schools.
- Students hired for the spring may begin their placements on January 20, 2021 or later.
- Applicants must be available to work 15 hours per week during regular business hours for 10-12 weeks. Please be advised that reappointment for additional semesters/terms is possible but neither automatic nor guaranteed.
- The selected candidate will be hired as a student assistant at the undergraduate student hourly rate of $15.00.
- Applications will be accepted online and this position will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Applicants must be available by video conference for interviews.
- U.S. citizenship and NYS residency are not required, but applicants must be eligible to be employed in the U.S.