Division of Administration
Office of Diversity and Inclusion – New York City
Reference No. ODI_NYC_PUGS_SPR_2021
Paid, Part-Time Placement for Undergraduate Students
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) in the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a talented undergraduate student for a paid, part-time placement during the spring 2021 semester. The mission of ODI is to provide leadership, guidance and support with respect to diversity, inclusion and equity issues at the OAG. Specific areas of focus include OAG policies and procedures, recruitment and hiring, staff education and training, employee engagement, procurement, and diversity and inclusion events. The ODI supports the OAG in building a diverse team and workplace that celebrates diversity and fosters a culture of inclusion and equity.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide support to the ODI, e.g., monitoring email box and telephone calls;
· Assist with diversity and inclusion research projects;
· Conduct other internet research;
· Review diversity trainings;
· Update catalog of trainings; and
· Design event flyers.
Please be advised that the ODI supports the operations of the OAG and does not engage in legal casework.
· Demonstrates a highly professional attitude with the mindset of providing prompt and courteous customer service;
· Able to work independently;
· Highly organized and detail oriented;
· Able to manage and prioritize multiple, time-sensitive tasks simultaneously;
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook;
· Prior experience with Canva or similar graphic design program is preferred but not required;
· Prior experience with SurveyMonkey is preferred but not required; and
· Foreign language proficiency is a plus, but not required.
· Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the OAG will be hosting an exclusively remote spring program.
- Applications from students entering their first year of college/university will not be considered.
- To be eligible for a paid placement, applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in good academic standing as defined by their schools.
- Students hired for the spring may begin their placements on January 20, 2021 or later.
- Applicants must be available to work 15 hours per week during regular business hours for 10-12 weeks. Please be advised that reappointment for additional semesters/terms is possible but neither automatic nor guaranteed.
- The selected candidate will be hired as a student assistant at the undergraduate student hourly rate of $15.00.
- Applications will be accepted online and this position will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Applicants must be available by video conference for interviews.
- U.S. citizenship and NYS residency are not required, but applicants must be eligible to be employed in the U.S.
- Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the OAG prior to submitting their applications by visiting the Divisions and Bureaus and Media sections of the OAG website.