Division of Administration
Constituent Services Bureau – New York City
Reference No. CSB_NYC_PUGS_ 2021
Paid, Part-Time Placement for Undergraduate Students
The New York State Office of the Attorney General’s Constituent Services Bureau (CSB) is seeking a talented undergraduate student for a paid placement. The selected student will play an integral role in reviewing and determining next steps in the processing and transferring of documents to departments for further handling.
The CSB is one of the primary points of public contact for the OAG and serves as a vital liaison for resources and information between the Office and members of the public. The CSB receives thousands of phone and email inquiries each year which must be analyzed, responded to and/or correctly routed to the legal bureaus. All inquiries are entered into the agency’s case management system, with a significant proportion of these inquiries routed to and addressed by other bureaus through their respective complaint mediation programs; some may be related to other ongoing inquiries or matters and may need an additional review.
Please be advised that the CSB supports the work of the legal bureaus but does not itself engage in legal casework.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Support the daily operations of the CSB;
· Review written inquiries (emails, transferred records);
· Enter communications into the agency’s case management system;
· Research cases to correctly route or process;
· Scan and upload documents; and
· Update and create CSB reference guides and other materials.
- Demonstrates a highly professional and customer-focused attitude/approach;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Able to assimilate new information readily;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Manage and prioritize multiple, time-sensitive tasks simultaneously;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other MS Office programs is required; and
- Adaptable and flexible–must work well in a highly dynamic environment.
· As OAG employees continue to return to the workplace, students will begin their fall placements working remotely. OAG Leadership is continuously evaluating the situation, and we hope to provide students with the option of working in-person as soon as possible.
- Applications from students entering their first year of college/university during the academic year 2021-2022 will not be considered.
- To be eligible for a paid placement, applicants must be able to demonstrate they are full-time undergraduate students in good academic standing as defined by their schools.
- Applicants must be available to work 15 hours per week during regular business hours. Students with availability for the full 2021-22 academic year, are preferred.
- The selected candidate will be hired as a student assistant and paid hourly at the undergraduate student rate, which is $15.00.
- Applications will be accepted online and this placement will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Applicants must be available by video conference for interviews.
- U.S. citizenship and NYS residency are not required, but applicants must be eligible to be employed in the U.S.
- Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the OAG prior to submitting their applications by visiting the Divisions and Bureaus and Media sections of the OAG website.
How to Apply
The following section provides detailed information about the application process and application requirements. Please review all of the instructions before applying online here: CSB_NYC_PUGS_ 2021
Applications are being received online. Applications are submitted separately for each bureau/regional office, and an applicant’s candidacy for each application is determined separately by each bureau/regional office.
- The following documents are required for each application that is submitted:
(Click on the document name to learn more)
-You may address to Legal Recruitment.
-Indicate why you are interested in a placement with the OAG, why you are the best candidate and your career aspirations.
-Indicate your availability and preferred work schedule.
¨ Current resume
¨ List of three (3) references.
-Only submit professional (i.e., supervisor or professor) references.
-Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
-Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
– An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
-Please provide a piece that best demonstrates your writing and analytical abilities.
-A paper that you prepared for school would be acceptable.
¨ Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your candidacy.
- We ask that you allow at least three (3) business weeks for your application to be processed and reviewed by the hiring bureau. After three (3) weeks, if you wish to inquire about the status of your application, please click here.
If you have questions about a student placement with the OAG, the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.