Division of Administration
Legal Education & Professional Development
Reference No. LEPD_NYC_PUGS_2022
Application Deadline is December 24, 2021
Paid, Part-Time Placement for Graduate and Undergraduate Students
The Legal Education & Professional Development Bureau (LEPD) of the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a talented and qualified graduate or undergraduate student to assist with all logistics involved with developing, administering and deploying a robust training and professional development curriculum and schedule.
LEPD is responsible for providing professional development opportunities and skills training to all OAG employees, including continuing legal education (CLE) programs for OAG and other New York State government attorneys. The selected student will assist the training teams located in Albany and New York City with all aspects of administering and executing the training and professional development curriculum and schedule.
Assignments will include but not be limited to the following:
· Scheduling, registration, customer support and troubleshooting technical issues during training program;
· Assist Albany and NYC Trainers in creating, posting, and announcing Professional Development courses, as well as creating sign-in sheets and tracking attendance in our online learning management system;
· Create and edit updates to the Legal Education and Professional Development (LEPD) Intranet page;
· Manage the Training email inbox;
· Manage the filing and assist in transition from paper files to digital copies;
· Design and update training documentation, presentations, and catalogues;
· Assist Albany Trainer in all Training and CLE needs; and
· Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in MS Office and Survey Monkey;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized; and
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service acumen and professionalism, as well as the ability to work well with employees from all staffing levels.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and as our return to workplace continues, OAG Leadership has determined this placement will be an exclusively remote experience.
- To be eligible for a paid placement, applicants must be full-time graduate or undergraduate students in good academic standing as defined by their schools.
- Applications from students entering their first year of college/university during the academic year 2021-22 will not be considered.
- Applicants must be available to work up to 30 hours per week during regular business hours for the full academic year. Please be advised that reappointment for additional semesters/terms is possible but neither automatic nor guaranteed.
- The selected candidate will be hired as a student assistant and paid at the hourly at the following rates:
– The graduate student pay range is $15.28-$16.22
– The undergraduate student pay range is $15.00-$15.92
· Applications will be accepted online and this position will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Applicants must be available by video conference for interviews.
- U.S. citizenship and NYS residency are not required, but applicants must be eligible to be employed in the U.S.
- Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the OAG prior to submitting their applications by visiting the Divisions and Bureaus and Media sections of the OAG website.
How to Apply
The following section provides detailed information about the application process and document requirements. Please review all of the instructions prior to preparing and submitting your application materials online. To apply, please visit the OAG’s career page: www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings
- Applications are being received online. Applications are submitted separately for each bureau/regional office, and an applicant’s candidacy for each application is determined separately by each bureau/regional office.
- The following documents are required for each application that is submitted:
(Click on the document name to learn more)
1. Cover Letter
– Address to Legal Recruitment.
– Indicate why you are interested in a placement with the OAG and why you are the best candidate.
– Indicate your availability and preferred work schedule.
– Ensure your resume is complete and current prior to submitting your application.
3. List of three (3) references.
– Submit only professional (i.e., supervisor or professor) references.
– Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
– Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
– Please note, your references will not be contacted until after you interview for the placement.
– Select a sample from an assignment you prepared for school that demonstrates your ability to analyze and organize information into an effective document.
Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your candidacy.
Please allow at least three (3) weeks for your application to be processed and reviewed by the hiring bureau/regional office. You may submit an application status request by clicking here.
If you have questions about a placement with the OAG, the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.