Division of Administration
Chief Information Office, Management Information Systems Team – Troy
Student Assistant for Business Solutions
Reference No. CIO/MIS_TRO_PUGS_SUM_2021
Application Deadline is April 16, 2021
Paid Summer Placement for Graduate Students
Business Solutions team within the Chief Information Office (CIO) in the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has a paid summer placement available for qualified graduate students. Business Solutions supports the implementation of major OAG Information Technology Bureau (IT) initiatives involving research, business analysis, development and analytics. The team is charged with the developing enterprise level applications and providing customer centric solutions using these technologies. The OAG IT bureau manages multiple information systems including case management, charities registration and annual reporting, civil recoveries and debt collection, electronic payments, and electronic discovery systems that support the core mission of the office.
Student assistants will support the work of the CIO through:
- Tracking and monitoring implementations to help increase technology solution effectiveness;
- Conducting research and analysis to produce comparative technology analysis of similar state agencies and entities;
- Disseminating findings through executive presentations and reports;
- Working collaboratively with the IT bureau and OAG bureaus;
- Assisting with the documentation of existing applications and new application builds;
- Performing data cleansing, analysis, and summarizing large datasets;
- Rapidly learning new technologies and applying those skills to assist with proof of concept development; and
- Performing other qualitative and quantitative research tasks as required.
The CIO is seeking applicants with the following qualifications/skills:
- Demonstrated interest in information technology;
- Prior experience in applying quantitative methods in research and/or analytics;
- Prior experience with programming and/or scripting
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly organized, self-directed, and curious;
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel (including formulas and pivot tables);
- Knowledge of coding and querying languages (Python, SQL, R, Java, Net) preferred, data visualization software a plus (Tableau, Power BI), Azure; and
- An interest in programming and the application development lifecycle.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, student programs will operate remotely until the OAG determines that it is able to provide an in-person experience.
- The OAG’s summer program will officially run from June 7 – July 30, 2021. The student hired for this placement will work 37.5 hours/week for the full 8 weeks of the program.
- The selected candidate will be hired as a student assistant and paid hourly at the graduate student rate of $15.00.
- Applications will be accepted online and this placement will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Applicants must be available by video conference for interviews.
- Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the U.S.
- To be eligible, applicants must be full-time graduate students in good academic standing as defined by their schools.
- Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the OAG prior to submitting their applications by visiting the Divisions and Bureaus and Media sections of the OAG website.
HOW TO APPLY
The following section provides detailed information about the application process and application requirements. Please review all of the instructions prior to preparing and submitting your application materials online. To apply, please click on the following link: CIO/MIS_TRO_PUGS_SUM_2021
Applications are being received online. Applications are submitted separately for each bureau/regional office, and an applicant’s candidacy for each application is determined separately by each bureau/regional office.
The application deadline is April 16, 2021, but please note that placements will be filled on a rolling basis.
The following documents are required for each application that is submitted: (Click on the document name to learn more)
-Address to Legal Recruitment.
¨ List of three (3) references.
-Only submit professional (i.e., supervisor or professor) references.
-Indicate your professional relationship to each reference.
-Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
– An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
– Select a piece that demonstrates your ability to analyze, synthesize and organize a cohesive document that efficiently and effectively conveys information to your target audience.
Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your candidacy.
Please allow at least three (3) business weeks for your application to be processed and reviewed by the hiring bureau/regional office. After three (3) weeks, to request a status update, please click here.
If you have questions about a placement with the OAG, the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com.