Division of Criminal Justice
Organized Crime Task Force – White Plains
Reference No. OCTF_WP_PUGS_SUM_2021
Application Deadline is April 16, 2021
Paid Summer Placement for Undergraduate Students
The New York State Office of the Attorney General’s Organized Crime Task Force (OCTF) is seeking a talented and motivated undergraduate student for a paid summer placement. OCTF conducts long-term criminal investigations related to gang activity, drug trafficking, firearms trafficking, loan sharking, bookmaking, money laundering, fraud, larceny, and other white-collar crime as well as human trafficking. OCTF is comprised of dedicated attorneys, analysts and detectives who are responsible for the cases from the inception of the investigation through final disposition.
The student assistant’s assignments will include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Reviewing, redacting and organizing documents and evidence;
· Participating in interviews and inter-agency meetings;
· Identifying and locating potential sources of relevant information;
· Analyzing data;
· Organizing case files and providing legal and office support;
· Performing research tasks; and
· Possible opportunities for courtroom observation.
OCTF is seeking applicants with the following skills:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Highly organized with excellent attention to detail;
· Strong analytical abilities, particularly when preparing, reviewing, analyzing and communicating findings from document and evidence review projects;
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Adobe; and
· A genuine interest in criminal investigations and prosecutions.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, student programs will operate remotely until the OAG determines that it is able to provide an in-person experience.
- Undergraduates in their first year should wait to submit their applications until after they have received their first semester grades.
- The OAG’s summer program will officially run from June 7 – July 30, 2021. The student hired for this placement will work 30 hours/week for the full 8 weeks of the program.
- The selected candidate will be hired as a student assistant and paid hourly at the undergraduate student rate of $14.00.
- Applications will be accepted online and this placement will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Applicants must be available by video conference for interviews.
- Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the U.S.
- To be eligible, applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in good academic standing as defined by their schools.
- Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the OAG prior to submitting their applications by visiting the Divisions and Bureaus and Media sections of the OAG website.
HOW TO APPLY
The following section provides detailed information about the application process and application requirements. Please review all of the instructions prior to preparing and submitting your application materials online. To apply, please click on the following link: OCTF_WP_PUGS_SUM_2021
- Applications are being received online. Applications are submitted separately for each bureau/regional office, and an applicant’s candidacy for each application is determined separately by each bureau/regional office.
· The application deadline is April 16, 2021, but please note that placements will be filled on a rolling basis.
- The following documents are required for each application that is submitted:
(Click on the document name to learn more)
-Address to Legal Recruitment.
¨ List of three (3) references.
-Only submit professional (i.e., supervisor or professor) references.
-Indicate your professional relationship to each reference.
-Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
-An unofficial transcript is acceptable.
– Select a piece that demonstrates your ability to analyze, synthesize and organize a cohesive document that efficiently and effectively conveys information to your target audience.
¨ Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your candidacy.
- Please allow at least three (3) business weeks for your application to be processed and reviewed by the hiring bureau/regional office. After three (3) weeks, to request a status update, please click here.
If you have questions about a placement with the OAG, the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com.