NYSCF is seeking a Development Intern to work virtually with our Development department for the school year (starting Spring 2021 Term). You will be exposed to the inner workings of a nonprofit research institute and with a focus on the non-science activities that go into fundraising which makes our research possible.
What you will do:
- Support the Development Department with donor communications including, but not limited to, assisting in email composition and outlining campaigns.
- Maintain and improve the organization of our electronic files and documents within the team and the larger organization.
- Support the Database Manager with data input and clean-up.
- Support Senior Management with day to day operations.
- Collaborate with teams on social media platforms and outreach.
What we are looking for:
- You have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team on a virtual basis.
- You are comfortable working independently.
- You can commit to working a minimum of 12 hours per week.
- Flexible schedule, but availability must be within 9:30 am to 5:30 pm EST on weekdays. Holidays excluded.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older at the time the internship begins.
- The applicant should have an interest in stem cell research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
- Familiarity with FileMaker Pro and/or Blackbaud ReNXT Database is a plus.