Headquartered in Lawrence, MA, close to Boston’s biotech hub, Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
Nexcelom Bioscience has an opportunity for a Product Marketing Specialist to assist in the development and execution of marketing programs for lead generation. The candidate must have a strong history in creating and executing campaigns designed to address unique customer problems at various stages of the marketing funnel. This person will be a critical part of the marketing team and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a high-performing team.
A scientific background is required for this position.
- Develops and executes campaigns that promote visibility and awareness of Nexcelom’s solutions in cell counting and cell imaging across a variety of markets.
- Develops creative solutions to drive traffic to different marketing channels including digital, social, and events.
- Lead and guide the development of copy and creative content for identified markets, appropriately positioning products, while conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation
- Pro-actively suggest topics of interest, new angles to a story with a good fit with current content and messaging strategy.
- Engage with R&D, product management, sales, and digital marketing to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the marketing activities.
- Interface with sales to determine sales enablement needs and assist in development of tools, programs, training, and content.
- Develop and manage a robust lead generation funnel.
- Design target campaigns based on demands of customer segments and combine product knowledge and market understanding to prepare impactful campaign content and channel materials.
- Nurture customers though the journey with special focus on awareness, consideration and engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree with research experience at the MS/PhD level in Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Immunology, or related field.
- Three years’ experience in marketing, sales, or related field
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas to executives and collaborative teams
- Excellent project management, time management and problem-solving skills
- Proficient on PC software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Nexcelom is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an applicant or employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or status.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.