Please Note: NI does NOT petition for H-1B status from student visas for full-time or intern hires, thus cannot accept candidates for this position who are on a student visa and have Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.
This role is located at our Headquarters in Austin, Texas where you will be able to work with engineers in all different roles across the NI ecosystem. NI’s office in Austin, Texas is known for being a place where you can build community, take advantage of opportunity, and have access to benefits like an onsite gym, doctor, outdoor recreational facilities, and more.
he Graduate Rotational Program is a 2-year-global rotational program designed for new graduate engineers that want to be empowered to explore possibilities through diverse challenges across NI, building cross functional capabilities, and impactful solutions for the business. We are looking for passionate new graduate engineers that are motivated by being placed on top level challenging projects where they can expand their understanding of engineering concepts and business application in order to make an impact on the business of NI globally.
You will start your career by dedicating 2 months to building connections across NI, learning about NI as a company, and understanding the customer’s we serve. You will be surrounded by a community of new graduates through this journey to get you started in the right direction.
After being onboarded, you will bring a fresh perspective to teams at NI through rotations focused on developing business & engineering skills and an exposure to business administration operations. The program will culminate in an immersive deployment to one of NI’s customers, where you will build invaluable industry knowledge and experience firsthand NI’s impact in the world.
You will have a program manager who will consult with you on your career development throughout the program. Also, you will have mentorship from the leaders residing in the functions you will be rotating.
After the completion of this rotational program, you will be hired into strategic key roles within NI. You will have a companywide perspective on NI’s strategy along with a proven portfolio of impactful work you can bring onto a team at NI that requires cross functional collaboration.
- Driving development in key learning opportunities throughout program by attending, participating in, and demonstrating competence within opportunities
- Working with direct manager to define and execute towards broader impact in current department and the company throughout the duration of assigned rotation
- Collaborate with business leaders across NI to ensure cross functional communication & implementation on all projects assigned throughout the program
- Present out on business results and personal lessons learned during rotations throughout the program
- Build network across NI in order to execute role and assist PM team in your long-term placement after program
- Take initiatives to bring out of the box ideas into the team
- Be accountable to improve the processes in the projects you are involved in.
- Advocate for future participants within program and mentor newer employees when opportunities are available
- Execution of individual development plan towards desired career goals
- Business results as defined by participant and rotation manager throughout program
- Personal brand and effect on program brand
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be eligible to start July 2021
- Strong academic background
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science (other engineering degrees accepted with EE/CS technical proficiency)
- Successful professional experiences via projects & internships
- Willingness to experience an international rotation at one of NI sites
- Technical aptitude and a thorough understanding of electronics and a programming language such as C, C++, etc.
- Analytical skills to understand how engineering concepts can be utilized to impact business results
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Master’s degree in engineering or MBA
- International internship or study abroad experience
- Holding a leadership position or responsibility within a project or founded an organization
Why are you a fit for Graduate Rotational Program?
- Strong interest in lateral career moves to create an impact rather than being expert in a role
- Consistently demonstrate a customer focus mindset
- Able to work and thrive in ambiguous environments
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and take initiative
- Consistently able to articulate thoughts in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate a problem-solving approach that utilizes past knowledge and intentional question asking strategies
- Self-motivated through achievements
- Demonstrated self-awareness of capabilities and areas of growth
- Uphold a growth mindset in all situations
- Highly intentional in decision making and building partnerships