Please Note: NI does NOT petition for H-1B status from student visas for full-time or intern hires, thus cannot accept candidates for this position who are on a student visa and have Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.
The NI Semiconductor and Electronics BU Systems R&D team has an immediate opening for a Systems R&D Engineer, Hardware Engineer Summer Intern 2021. Engineers in our group work on a wide variety of projects from creating system-level hardware and software components for system products, like the Semiconductor Test System (STS), to creating system reference architectures for applications such as 5G mmWave Over-The-Air Front-End Module Characterization.
In addition to system design and development, our group is also responsible for collaborating with Sales and Manufacturing to manage the New Product Introduction (NPI) process for new system configurations; and to collaborate with Offering Management to explore and research new and emerging application areas for future offerings.
This position will focus primarily on Automated Production Test (APT) application architectures and projects for our Semiconductor Test System (STS). In this role, the Systems R&D Engineer will porform Validation & Verification (V&V), perform data analysis, write LabVIEW code for V&V, create a PCB(s).
- Work with multiple Engineers with different backgrounds and specialties.
- Write V&V Code
- Perform V&V
- Schematic Capture
- Work with Vendors
- Understand Bill Of Materials (BOMs)
- Help with or perform Mechanical V&V
- Learn and Understand Measurements uncertainties and accuracies.
- Currently enrolled and working towards a B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics
- Understanding of electrical signal basics from DC to RF.
- Strong leadership, presentation, and time management skills
- Team oriented and capable of working across many functional areas
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills, English language competency
- SW Programing in any language
- LabVIEW Experience
- TestStand Experience