Please Note: NI does NOT petition for H-1B status from student visas for full-time or intern hires, thus cannot accept candidates for this position who are on a student visa and have Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.
NI (National Instruments) is seeking summer interns for a 12-week opportunity in Austin, TX, designed to give current college students a preview of Sales at NI. Through this internship opportunity, you will learn more about a career in Sales and partner with Account Managers, Marketing, and other internal stakeholders to work on projects that impact business objectives.
You will spend the first 2-3 weeks of the summer onboarding into NI and learning the tools you need for the rest of the summer. You will then spend the following 9-10 weeks working through objectives with a Sales Manager to define and execute a project that will impact their business goals. This could include things such as applying sales skills to come up with a customer list and prospective customer list at defined accounts, define value statements for target accounts, impact pipeline strategy through knowledge learned, etc.
Throughout the summer you will also learn professional skills as a part of NI’s company-wide internship program that will help accelerate your effectiveness during your time here at NI and into your future endeavors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Learn and drive growth in your communication, self-awareness, and project management skills
- Meet objectives outlines through Sales project
- Report on findings throughout project to key stakeholders in the organization
- Present out conclusions from the summer at the Intern Summer Showcase
This is why you are a Sales Intern
- You are motivated to provide customers with unique and highly valuable insight by understanding their industries and applications
- You place a high value on proactive customer facing activity
- You have a genuine desire to accelerate NI’s business growth
- You are energized by reaching out to new prospects and connecting them to NI’s Vision
- You demonstrate strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- You are proactive in pursuing sales opportunities
- You are passionate about establishing and building relationships through exceptional communication and customer advocacy
- You are committed to learning, development, and continuous improvement to maximize your impact
- You are dedicated to sharing your own experience to elevate the whole team’s ability and performance
- Working on a Bachelors or Masters degree at an accredited university majoring engineering, technology, business, communications or similar
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and take initiative to complete projects
- Technical aptitude and a fundamental understanding of electronics and high-level programming languages
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Working on a Bachelors or Master degree at an accredited university with preferred majors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- Ability to problem solve through analyzing the situation and thinking creatively
- Enjoys working with people and contributing to team success as well as working tenaciously in order to meet or exceed personal goals
- Willing to put self in unfamiliar situations in order to learn and to identify new opportunities
- Strong customer focus that influences decision making