The intern will support the work of the NiSource Emergency Management team, which is responsible for updating plans and processes that support gas segment incident response. The intern will receive hands on experience in data management processes, training and exercises, review of training materials, and conduct research of emergency preparedness and response from other industries including private sector, university and health care institutions. The intern will report to the Emergency Management Manager and collaborates with the Emergency Management team, internal business partners, and external stakeholders and organizations. Successful candidate must be capable of working virtually, in the office as well as a hybrid model of both scenarios.
Flexible Locations Across NiSource Footprint (OH, PA, IN, KY, VA, MD)
- Review existing data management processes and recommend enhancements
- Develop additional training materials to support deployment of Mobile Command Centers
- Support planning and execution of training sessions and exercises
- Conduct best practice research on emergency preparedness and response with other private sector companies, universities and health care organizations
- Work with state teams to update media and public officials contact lists
- Review EPR intranet site and recommend enhancements
- Adjust Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) ICS Forms to align with current needs of NiSource
- Update existing training materials (e.g. workbooks, ICS Forms, MySource) based on adjustments to Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan and Incident Command Structure
- Successful candidate will start in summer 2022
- Enrolled in a college or university with a focus in emergency management, homeland security, safety, law enforcement, EMS, healthcare or a related field is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong writing skills and proofreading skills
- High performance individual eager to learn and ready to take ownership of assigned duties
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
How To Apply
Do not apply for this position through Handshake.
For consideration, you must apply on-line at careers.nisource.com before November 4, 2021!