Grant Writing Intern
As a grant writing intern for Daily Work, your primary responsibility will be to assist with the identification of appropriate grantors and the execution and submission of grant requests. Daily Work is a newcomer to the grant-writing process. In order to continue this work, we need interns capable of researching funding opportunities within fixed guidelines, initiating and maintaining contact with foundations and writing grants for eligible funding. This would require an intern with strong research, writing and analytical skills. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect identification, research, proposal development and writing in conjunction with faculty, staff and volunteers. Accurate and timely production of final proposals
- Initiate and maintain relationships with grantors. Track and document communications
- Assist with updating and maintaining Daily Work donor database
- Research potential major donor prospects
- Assist with donor outreach and cultivation
- Assist with answering the phone and greeting visitors as needed
- Part-time Internship: 10-12 hours/week
- Timeframe and Schedule: Flexible from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. with occasional evening meetings.
- The internship is unpaid, but there will be opportunities for networking and professional development.
- Experience in proposal or grant writing preferred.
- Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, phone and organizational skills.
- Strong time-management and research capabilities.
- Flexible team player, self-motivated and detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, excellent phone manner and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under deadlines.
- Computer aptitude including strong experience with Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Salesforce experience a plus (but not required).
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university.