The successful candidate will work with a team of highly motivated professionals who are passionate about developing and executing forward-thinking solutions to support New Jersey companies working in the Clean Tech / Clean Energy space. The successful candidate will perform duties that will assist CSIT with the implementation of various Clean Tech / Clean Energy programs including the Clean Tech Seed Grant and Clean tech Voucher programs. He/she will gain first-hand experience working within CSIT and will perform important and meaningful work in helping New Jersey companies develop innovative solutions in the Clean Tech / Clean Energy space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the EDA CRM system to ensure that applicants to the Clean Tech Seed Grant and Clean Tech Voucher program are entered into CRM with all required information fields.
- Review various applications with CSIT and EDA for the Clean Tech Seed Grant and Clean Tech Voucher program and assist in the preparation of notification of missing documentation to applicants.
- Upload missing documentation from applicants into CRM
- Serve as a scribe for the NJ university review committee meetings for the Clean Tech Voucher Program
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced skills in research, writing, organization, and data entry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong initiative and self-starter attitude who is comfortable working independently
- Interest in economic development, public policy, public-private partnerships, and/or government
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constrains with little or no supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
Education and Experience Requirements
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Foreign degrees/transcripts must be evaluated by a reputable evaluation service at your own expense and must be submitted prior to a start date. If this cannot be provided within 21 days of an offer the offer will be rescinded.
- Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
- Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.