The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) serves as the State’s principal agency for economic growth. The NJEDA drives inclusive and sustainable economic development by helping to build strong and dynamic communities, creating good jobs for New Jersey residents, providing pathways to a stronger and fairer economy, and implementing initiatives to strengthen New Jersey’s long-term economic competitiveness.
The Marketing and Product Development Intern will work with a team of motivated professionals to assist with the development, implementation and marketing of new and modified products and programs to advance the mission of the Authority, maximize awareness and support business development efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Interns support product development and marketing activities, projects, and strategies at the discretion of relevant Manager to include but not limited to:
- Collaborating with Marketing & Product Officer on the development and preparation of presentations, reports, newsletters, marketing campaigns and marketing collateral to ensure all product and program information and messaging is current and aligned.
- Work in partnership with Project/Product Officers to update the new EDA’s website as needed to reflect changing programs and services being offered by EDA.
- Work with Marketing & Product Officer on the production of EDA report and other required reports, ensuring consistent and accurate representation of product information.
- Provides project and administrative support, and performs other duties, as assigned.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat); Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel, Outlook); WordPress; and social media tools (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogging).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Good understanding of marketing standards and practices and specialized marketing concepts, principles and tactics.
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff.
- General knowledge of economic development, financial terms and state government a plus.
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
- Other Requirements
- Must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a post-secondary degree program
- Must be available to work part time (approximately 15-20 hours per week) from approximately May 15 through August 15.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
Work Location: Remote / Trenton Office
- Certificates and Licenses Required
- The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description specification. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
- Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.