Work with a team of highly motivated financial professionals, who are passionate about advancing employment in New Jersey’s emerging technology and life sciences community and who support this sector with unique financing products.
The successful candidate will perform duties that will assist the Product Operations team in reviewing applicants for programs designed to support the growth of emerging growth Technology and Life Science companies and Small Businesses in New Jersey.
$15 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviews legislative and or internal training documentation on programs and participates in training exercises to gain familiarity and a basic understanding of the program requirements
· Reviews applications and other pertinent documents to ensure applicants comply with minimum eligibility criteria
· Follows-up with Applicants on missing items and/or clarifications
· Reviews assigned applications for completeness and prepares Approval Packages for Program Manager
· Learns and utilizes the EDA’s Customer Relationship Management database per departmental standards
· Reports progress in weekly team meetings
· Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative, and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff, and external customers.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced skills in research, writing, organization of priorities
- Ability to work with various excel spreadsheets and software applications
- Initiative and creativity
- Interest in start-ups and emerging technology businesses
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
· Must reside in New Jersey for the summer
· Preference for a student who attends a New Jersey domiciled College/University
· Must be available to work full time starting on June 5th and with very limited time off July 1st through August 8th.
· Student in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in statistics, accounting, finance, economics, economic development, and/or related field. Minimum GPA 3.0
· Must have completed 1st Level Accounting Class, with the ability to read a GAAP prepared financial statement
· Strong analytical and research skills,
· Ability to think and work independently.
· Capable of handling a large workload
· Excellent written and oral communication skills,
· Proficiency in Word and Excel for Windows
· Must be detail oriented and a team player
Work Location: Commercialization Center for Innovative Technologies (CCIT) in North Brunswick/Remote
Certificates and Licenses Required
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
· Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
· Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.