Tracks incentives project deadlines, composes and sends customer corrrespondnece, and provides high-level administrative support to the Incentives Servicing & Compliance Director to ensure related work deadlines are met.
$43,127 — $53,909
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates project/departmental workflow ensuring deadlines are met including tracking, recording process and running reports.
- Tracks project deadlines, composes and sends customer letters, including upcoming incentives expirations within required timelines, and default letters as requested. Maintain contact lists.
- Transmits certified report packages to the Division of Taxation securely. Works with Department staff to gather all the required documents for the transmission.
- Prepares routine and non-routine correspondence, invoices, and other forms and documents
- Schedules and organizes meetings, conferences, site visits and activities with both internal and external parties,including high-level staff and compiles accompanying information and book travel arrangements. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Completes various projects, including Open Public Record Act requests, and researches and compiles portfolio information for department.
- Provides general administrative support; processes incoming and outgoing mail, establishes and maintains filing system, handles incoming calls, provides staff coverage and telephone coverage as needed. Develop power point presentation when requested. Data entry.
- Acts as a liaison with Division and Department Management and their direct reports and executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers.
- Act as point of contact for internal and external clients. Provide general support to visitors.
- Promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
- Must complete annual and semiannual self-assessment as required.
· Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent administrative skills, including extensive organizational abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster effective communications with business professionals and EDA staff
· Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
· Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software
Education and Experience Requirements
· Associate degree and/or equivalent experience
· 2 – 5 years business environment or administrative experience preferred
Bachelors degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
· Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
· As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
· Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under the FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
· Foreign degrees/transcripts must be evaluated by a reputable evaluation service at your own expense and must be submitted prior to a start date. If this cannot be provided within 21 days of an offer the offer will be rescinded.
· Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
· Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.