Full-Time Administrative Assistant I: Division of Student Affairs, Department of TRIO Student Support Services (PACE Program); 37.5 hours per week benefitted AFSCME Unit I Position. This is a Grant Funded Position currently funded through August 31, 2026.
Summary: The PACE Program is a TRIO Student Support Services program that has been at NECC since 1980. This position will generally work from 9am-5pm. This position may require occasional evening hours and travel. The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of support functions including but not limited to creating and maintaining the project database, tracking and monitoring activities, reviewing and analyzing data, preparing reports, responding to inquiries, inventory management, and purchasing.
The potential candidate will be working on the Haverhill Campus for the PACE Program TRIO SSS Office in the Behrakis Student Center. Occasional remote work and work from the Lawrence campus may be required.
GRADE AND SALARY: $1,707.31 – $2,399.28 biweekly ($44,390.06 – $ 62,381.28 annually).
An appointment from outside the bargaining unit (AFSCME) must start at Step I of the range. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 1, 2021
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will report directly to the PACE Program, TRIO SSS Director and will be required to perform the following:
- Create and manage the TRIO student database system.
- Review and analyze data accurately to monitor progress toward grant objectives and student outcomes.
- Access various tools (Banner, Zogotech, SignalVine, Navigate, Treeno, Microsoft Office and Blackboard) and synthesize this information into the Blumen database.
- Review and follow up with students as needed and help perform the daily functions of the PACE Program.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of the Annual Performance Report and other reports as needed.
- Identify NECC students who are eligible for TRIO, recruit them, and conduct intake interviews.
- Purchase supplies needed by the PACE Program in compliance with NECC policies and federal TRIO grant regulations.
- Perform data entry, filing, and processing.
- Participate in on-going trainings for TRIO, Blumen database, and other related professional development.
- Maintain student files and insure data integrity and confidentiality.
- Assist in reconciling the budget and tracking program expenditures.
- Assist the Director with implementing the SSS Grant Aid program annually.
- Maintain good rapport with a diverse population of students and NECC personnel.
- The Classification Specification is available at: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specspers/Administrative%20Assistant%20Series.doc
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have at least
- (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office management, office administration, business administration or business management, the major duties of which included one or more of the following functions: purchasing, personnel management, budgeting, accounting, records management, work simplification, grants management, contract administration or program management,
- (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
- An Associate’s or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience. *
- An Associate’s or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience. *
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
· Experience with TRIO or other educational opportunity programs.
· Self-motivated and willingness to learn.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online at
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College’s Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College’s website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery