AR RESOLUTION SPECIALIST *REMOTE OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE* (JOB ID: 4851)
Northern Light Health
Department: Patient Financial Services
Position is located: Cianchette Professional Blding
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.000000: (40 Hours a week)
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
*Remote Opportunity Available*
This position is responsible for resolution of the unpaid AR by all applicable payers of the EMHS Patient Account Services in a Centralized Business Office environment. This position is responsible for resolving outstanding payer balances in accordance with regulatory and contractual obligations. This position requires a thorough understanding of the requirements of the Government and Non-Government payment processing policies. In addition, this position is held accountable to adhere to the policies, procedures, and applicable laws; including metrics related to productivity and quality. This position works closely with a team of AR Resolution Specialists to analyze and take corrective action on outstanding AR to ensure an optimum revenue cycle workflow
• Actively participate in team huddles and meetings by way of sharing knowledge, requesting information, and recommending process improvements.
• Complete all returned requests from other departments each day.
• Work closely by way of problem solving with peers and leaders to address payer processing issues or changes that directly impact the accounts receivable.
• Resolve assigned accounts in a timely and accurate manner, which maximizes reimbursement in compliance with payer regulations and the department’s policy and procedures.
• Take necessary AR adjustments under the direction of the department’s adjustment policy.
• Meet or exceed the EMHS performance standards as it relates to quality and productivity.
• Request relevant information from appropriate revenue cycle and clinical departments as required by payer.
• Ensure assigned discharged and final billed accounts are not aging and are escalated timely.
• Advises management of payer processing issues which may require attention in a timely manner.
• Ensure all functions related to AR resolution supports the team goals and objectives as well as EMHS’s financial performance objectives.
• Thoroughly understand the department’s key performance indicators.
• Maintain the knowledge of payer policies; complete AAHAM or other healthcare related webinars.
• Attend internal education sessions to enhance or gain new skills.
• Demonstrate departmental desire to provide community benefits by way of charitable events or contribution outside the four walls of the department.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences’ level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Ability to understand the language used to precisely describe the human body including its components, processes, conditions affecting it, and procedures performed upon it.
* Word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, database experience and other computer related skills.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Continuous sitting.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status