Northstar Recycling is a fifth-generation, family-run company, founded on a core belief that discarded materials have value, and it is both damaging to the planet as well as financially irresponsible for businesses to send reusable resources to landfill. Because of this, we have made it our mission to help businesses across North America recycle more and landfill less.
Unlike traditional practices, our 21st century approach to recycling treats byproducts as strategic business opportunities rather than expenses. By managing clients’ total waste streams, we increase recycling and lower disposal volumes to maximize overall profits. This unique business model also allows us the flexibility to provide innovative solutions that help our clients reach their specific goals.
With multiple rankings as a “Best Place to Work” by organizations such as Fortune and Plastics News, Northstar Recycling is a proven leader when it comes to building a great work environment. At Northstar, we know that employees make a company. Our commitment to building a true team environment promotes camaraderie, trust, and productivity.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) would start working remotely due to COVID, and at some point (hopefully soon) would work out of Northstar’s headquarters in East Longmeadow, MA. Aside from being a relaxed and open work environment, our East Longmeadow office offers perks such as onsite Bumper Pool, satellite radio, complimentary daily beverages, and snacks, and more.
All Northstar Recycling employees are eligible for full benefits, including health and dental insurance, and 401K with a company match.
The primary responsibility of this position is to generate new sales opportunities for Northstar’s recycling and waste management services by making at least 300 cold calls a week. The BDR would:
- Research prospective target organizations that would benefit from Northstar’s programs
- Identify decision-makers in those organizations
- Engage prospects in mostly phone, as well as some email conversations, designed to develop sales opportunities
- Gain commitment from prospects to attend brief, introductory calls and meetings with Northstar’s recycling experts
- Consistently meet and exceed goals
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Ideal candidates for this position will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales, communications, business management, or business administration experience.
- 0 to 2 years work experience (this is an entry level position)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people successfully over the phone, to lead or persuade, and overcome challenges
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Ability to take direction, be coached and mentored
- Strong web and computer skills: MS Office, Salesforce.com desirable
At Northstar, “We have fun” is one of our 6 Core Values. We are looking for engaging personalities with strong interpersonal skills who are a good fit for our company culture and core values. Common traits we look for in candidates include the following:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for what you do
- Enthusiastic, competitive, disciplined, self-motivated, and hands-on work ethic
- Excellent listening skills, a desire to learn and ability to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong conflict resolution, persuasion and negotiating skills
Job Type: Full-time
Currently Northstar Recycling Employees are working remotely due to the COVID19 Pandemic. When COVID19’s concerns lessen the position will transition to a hybrid (remote/in-person) position. The position can also be completed fully remote depending on where employees are located.