- The primary responsibility of the Recycling Solutions Specialist – Commodity Sales Executive position is to develop and maintain relationships with the recycling outlets that purchase materials from our client’s manufacturing facilities.
- Researching new recycling trends and technologies.
- Attend industry tradeshows and conferences.
- Negotiate monthly pricing and long term contracts
- Identifying new outlets and recycling solutions for materials.
- Assist with national implementations
- Relationships with general recyclers, mills, and end users
Key Selection Criteria:
- Northstar Recycling’s Recycling Solutions Specialist – Commodity Sales Executives should possess the following criteria:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong existing relationships with outlets
- Strong problem solving skills
- Feel comfortable with conducting phone, email, and in-person negotiations and inquiries
- Strong mind for logistics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Large volume of daily tasks
* In search of a candidate with at least 2 years of experience in the recycling industry. Ideally the candidate would have experience selling most of the following grades:
Cardboard, Paper, Plastic, Metal, Pallets, and Drums
Northstar Commodity Sales executives can be based throughout the country and this would be a work from home position. Some in person training could be required.
Both internal and external job applicants are welcome to apply.