Nova Biomedical is looking for an experienced Automation and Controls Engineer to join our team in Billerica, MA. In this newly created role, you will work to shape the future state of the medical device strip factory and its architecture. Depending on your experience, we are open to hire for this position at mid or senior level.
As an Automation and Controls Engineer, you will be responsible for developing new automation concepts as well as maintaining existing automated manufacturing systems. Your goal will be to identify opportunities to optimize quality while maximizing efficiencies of automated manufacturing systems.
Utilizing your expertise in high-volume manufacturing, you will have an opportunity to creatively solve problems while contributing to a company that has an impact in peoples’ lives around the world. For example, Nova’s StatStrip Glucose is the only meter approved in the US and Canada for use in critically ill patients and is actively being used to help in the management of COVID-19 patients in hospitals.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline that would include coursework in Electrical, Controls, Chemical, Mechanical and/or Computer; Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of engineering experience that would include working with high-volume manufacturing, designing and commissioning of automation and control systems.
- Excellent proficiency programming automated manufacturing equipment such as Ladder logic PLC’s (Allen-Bradley ControlLogix 5000, CompactLogix, RSLogix 5000) and Platform tools as well as additional PLC programming experience (Mitsubishi, Omron etc.)
- HMI Interface (HMI/GUI – AB Panelview, LabView), and SCADA programming experience
- Machine Vision (Dalsa, Keyence, or Cognex), Visual Basic, and Electrical schematic AutoCAD experience
- Field bus networks (AB DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, serial communication (RS-232) between PLC’s and instruments, and Ethernet communication between PLC’s and database systems.
- Process integration and electromechanical/mechatronic systems experience
- Hands-on experience building and troubleshooting electrical panels and electro-mechanical systems
Highlights of benefits offered to Nova Biomedical employees include Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan, tuition reimbursement, matching 401K and an innovative scholarship program for children of employees.