Entry Level Equipment Engineer
Be part of a team that owns equipment performance necessary to meet current and future manufacturing requirements for NXP Semiconductor products.
• Sustaining – lead troubleshooting efforts, manage critical part inventory, direct supplier activities, responsive to SPC/ FDC excursions, writing specifications, training maintenance techs…
•Improving – forming/executing plans for continuous improvements, implementing hardware/software upgrades, developing preventative actions to SPC/ FDC excursions…
•Expanding – increasing tool capabilities/throughput/availability, determining new sourcing for parts/service/toolsets, installation/qualification of new equipment/components…
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline is required, prefer mechanical or industrial engineering or similar.
• Manufacturing experience, including internships, (semiconductor preferred) in process or equipment engineering over a variety of toolsets.
• Ability to interact professionally with manufacturing and process engineering in order to effectively understand problems and efficiently resolve them.
• Ability to generate, analyze, and interpret equipment performance data and produce a timely action plan to resolve recurring equipment failures.
• Demonstrated presentation skills with ability to present complex datasets and equipment problems/ solutions to diverse audiences.
• Competent in troubleshooting problems and capable of applying logic to identify and technical skills to understand actions needed to implement/verify the repair.
• Aptitude, interest and ability to be very hands on with equipment doing troubleshooting, maintenance, installations and problem solving.
• Ability to deal with multiple issues and shifting priorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate will be called upon to train others and write clear procedures.
• Self-motivated; able to take initiative and effectively prioritize work for self.
• Participating in and/or leading cross-functional teams fostering collaboration to achieve a specific goal.
• A strong desire to help create a positive, winning, world class working environment.
Salary range is based on market rates and depends on both degree level (Bachelors or Masters) as well as past experience. Stated starting salary is for Bachelors grads, and goes up from there.