The Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB) receives and investigates approximately 5,000 complaints each year. The largest civilian oversight agency in the United States, the CCRB is an independent, non- police agency. It is empowered to investigate, make findings and recommend action on complaints against New York City police officers that allege the use of excessive Force, Abuse of authority, Discourtesy and/or Offensive language. In February 2018, the Board adopted a resolution directing staff to begin investigating certain allegations of sexual misconduct and develop a plan to investigate allegations of criminal sexual misconduct. As a result of this initiative the CCRB has been focused on how to best help civilians who may be experiencing psychological trauma related to negative police interactions.
The MIS unit of CCRB is responsible for all aspects of information technology. This includes, but is not limited to, hardware, software, telecommunications including voice, applications and security,
S/he (IT Intern) will support the MIS Unit by providing vital hardware and software support for the MIS Unit and CCRB staff.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, strong understanding of Windows-based computer troubleshooting/repair, critical thinking/problem solving
· Receive and respond to incoming service requests from employees
· Assist with troubleshooting and provide technical support, including but not limited to password provisioning and resets
· Inventory management of technology components including computer hardware and software
· Software/program problems and requests (MS Suite)
· Moving of users and their equipment within the office (set-up servers)
· Assist with Audio/Visual needs (MS Teams, WEBEX)
· Work collaboratively and communicate often with IT team
· Assist with server room support and activities
· Assist on other projects as needed
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
· This is a hybrid position, part remote and part in-office (minimum (3) days per week through end of August 2021 with possible extension to end of December 2021
· Must be a current college student and eligible to receive college credit
· Matriculation at an accredited college or graduate school. Internship is conditioned upon continuance as a student in a college or graduate school
Maximum tenure for all Assignment Levels in the title of College Aide is 6 years. No student shall be employed more than half-time in any week in which classes in which the student is enrolled are in session. Students may be employed full-time during their vacation periods.
We are excited to learn more about you and your interest in the CCRB. Please scan and upload your cover letter and resume as one document.
· Cover letter (explaining your interest in the CCRB and this internship opportunity
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
In compliance with Federal Law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
THE CITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The NYC Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB) is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply.
All applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.