The Vulnerability Management intern will assist with the day-to-day operations and ongoing development of NYC3’s Vulnerability Management program.
– Assist the Vulnerability Management team with the development and implementation of performance improvements across services and platforms
– Assist Vulnerability Management Specialists with the analysis and tracking of findings discovered during scheduled internal vulnerability scans
– Conduct research on vulnerabilities with potential impact to the City
– Support agency compliance with cybersecurity policies and standards
– Assist Vulnerability Management Specialists with scanner deployment and migration activities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
All candidates must be enrolled in a degree bearing program at an accredited institution.
-Strong critical-thinking skills, with an ability to demonstrate pros and cons of different scenarios to inform decision-making
-Strong research and writing skills
-Familiarity with legislation and legal opinions and corresponding impacts on public policy
-Basic understanding of computer networks and systems and how to identify vulnerabilities within each
-Basic understanding of statistics, linear/matrix algebra, and object oriented programming.
-Excellent listening skills and willingness to work as part of a team
-Demonstrated interest in public service