Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
NYC Health + Hospitals’ (H+H) Office of Population Health (OPH) encompasses community care, care management, chronic disease prevention and management, development of innovative care models, population health analytics, primary care transformation, research and evaluation, and social determinants of health.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Research and Evaluation unit of OPH is currently seeking a Grants Manager to serve as the lead in identifying, writing proposals, and applying for new funding opportunities to support the work of OPH as well as to manage the various funding streams in the office, including several NIH grant subawards and New York State Article VI funding. The Grants Manager reports to the Senior Director of Research and Evaluation and will work collaboratively with other members of the Research and Evaluation team as well as across OPH and H+H.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Research and identify new funding opportunities for population health initiatives at H+H
- Lead the writing, development, and submission of grant applications; collaborate with other OPH and H+H staff where appropriate
- Develop and submit project budgets, expense reports, program reports, and invoices
- Ensure grant funds are spent according to funding guidelines and relevant regulations
- Oversee the fulfillment of administrative requirements and provide administrative support for existing and new federal, state, and foundation grants
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including staff at H+H Central Office, clinical leadership and staff at H+H facilities, and external partners
- Special projects and other duties as needed
- A Baccalaureate Degree with a major in Public or Business Administration, and * six (6) years or # five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in areas relating to public administration and/or health care planning and administration, at least two years of which have been directly related to grants management and development within these fields; or,
- A Master’s Degree in related fields of study may be substituted for one year of experience; or
- An equivalent satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
- Five or more years of experience with grant writing and management in a healthcare, public health, government, human services, academic research, or non- profit setting
- Experience with all aspects of the grant life cycle, including writing and submitting applications, developing and managing budgets, tracking deliverables, and overseeing reporting
- Demonstrated ability to identify and successfully apply for funding from a range of organizations
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and finance, including use of Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage multiple, diverse projects at once
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated interest/experience in population health improvement