ORAU has a contract job opportunity at the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), which is part of the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). CMS offers some of the most exciting and rewarding careers opportunities in the federal government. CMS’s work touches the lives of over 140 million Americans. Its mission is clear – putting patients first. The ability of CMS to effectively advance national healthcare policy for the Medicare, Medicaid, and Health Insurance Marketplace programs depends on a dedicated and talented staff of public servants.
So whether you’re tech savvy, health focused, numbers driven, or anywhere in between – explore what CMS has to offer for you. Located in Maryland and offices around the country, we offer competitive benefits, meaningful assignments, and growth opportunities to enhance the trajectory of your career while providing a sense of purpose in your work. This position can be 100% remote.
CMMI was established by Congress in 2010 to identify ways to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) programs. Following this charge, CMMI, through its models, initiatives and Congressionally-mandated demonstrations, has accelerated the shift from a health care system that pays for volume to one that pays for value. In order to strengthen CMMI’s focus on quality in its models, CMMI recently revised its quality strategy and created a centralized quality team. A subject matter expert on quality measures is sought to help support the Chief Quality Officer in implementation of the revised quality strategy at an enterprise level.
This position will be located at the CMS Baltimore, MD facility; however, remote work may be approved.
- Assist model teams in conducting environmental scans for model-relevant measures and quality measure gaps, and partner with teams in the development of quality strategies in accordance with the CMMI quality strategy
- Review and recommend constructive feedback on policy memos, and quality data presented by models in model reviews and in annual evaluation reports to the Chief Quality Officer
- Assist the Chief Quality Officer in working with groups across the Center on enterprise level projects, such as refinement and maintenance of the CMMI measures inventory
The candidate is required to have an in-depth knowledge of the principles and methods of a professional field, scientific field, or recognized body of formal knowledge in healthcare quality. S/he must demonstrate authority and responsibility for all aspects of a significant area of work related to quality, including policy formation and application. S/he must be able to develop policy alternatives and solutions. In particular, CMMI is seeking a candidate with:
- Deep understanding of the quality measure industry and the use of quality measures in value based programs in public and private sectors
- Deep understanding of operationalizing quality measures, including data collection using claims, clinical registries, and electronic health records
- Strong analytic and strategic planning skills
- Strong project management, verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills
- Excellent ability to work independently, respond to feedback, and work seamlessly as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Policy or related field
- Master’s or other graduate degree in Health Policy or related field preferred
- 2 years up to 4 years of experience in quality measures, gaps and value based programs