Full time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly. We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more — all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to providing outstanding patient care. Our Care Teams, consisting of a Physician, RN, MA, Scribe, Nurse Practitioner, and Care Manager, build individual relationships across a panel of 500-800 patients. The Care Team is responsible for delivering excellent, high-touch, primary care, and coordinating the care of our patients throughout the healthcare delivery system.
Medical Assistant/Scribes are an important addition to our Care Teams. High levels of flexibility, attention to detail, and problem solving are required to be successful. The goal of this position is to be available as a substitute Medical Assistant, Scribe or combination when one is unavailable. As a Scribe, you will be the personal data assistant to the provider. This means you handle informatics responsibilities for providers during patient visits in our centers. You will be expected to build relationships with Oak Street Health members. As a Medical Assistant, you will work closely and collaboratively with your teammates to greet and room Oak Street Health patients. You will be expected to assist in assessing member’s health conditions, including performing routine diagnostic testing during appointments. As a floating position, you will also build a knowledge base of best practices across clinics and actively share them with teams.
- Greeting and rooming patients
- Taking vital signs
- Collecting blood by venipuncture, and ensuring correct collection of blood specimens
- Restocking rooms with medical supplies
- Ensuring the exam rooms are clean, safe, and ready for patient visits
- Observing and recording patient encounters/examinations
- Documenting patient information, history, and diagnoses
- assisting in medical management
- Documenting medical decision making
- Consultation with the care team and other providers on patient needs
- Other duties, as assigned
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for motivated, experienced Certified Medical Assistants with:
- CPR Certification required
- 3-5 years in a Medical Assistant role preferred
- At least 1 year of direct scribe experience preferred
- Medical Assistant certification or registration required
- 2 or more years of experience working with geriatric patients
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification preferred
- Access to reliable transportation (floating position to our Avalon Park, Portage Park, Avalon Park, Blue Island, Chicago Ave., Berwyn, and Bronzeville clinic locations – mileage reimbursed)
- EMR experience required
- Familiarity with Quest Diagnostics procedures and computer-based lab system preferred
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- Demonstrates problem solving skills, accountability, and a flexible, positive attitude
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.