Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Senior Associate, Medical Economics
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly. We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more — all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Medical Economics Sr. Associate will immediately become an important contributor to the Oak Street Health team. They will execute a set of responsibilities using data and analytical skills which will be critical to Oak Street success.
- Prepare monthly medical cost reporting metrics (KPIs)
- Analyze and research utilization and unit cost medical costs drivers
- Utilize multiple data sources in order to identify, quantify, and prioritize cost of care improvement opportunities
- Assist with reinsurance contracts, including claims submissions and contract renewals
- Collaborate with managed care operations to support value-based contracting with health plans
- Work closely with the BI team to manage data warehouse tables and ensure accuracy of health plan data files for reporting purposes
- Partner with clinical care model and delivery units to codify processes to address opportunities
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree; Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related quantitative field preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience; experience working for a health plan a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Practical, results-oriented mindset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of CPT, HCPC, DRG and hospital revenue codes preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- SQL intermediate
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.