The Secondary Market and Construction Lending Support person is responsible for general clerical responsibilities of the Secondary Market and Construction Lending Group, including locking all loans, lock extension management, daily reporting, and data entry. This position also is responsible for the administrative duties as it relates to the management of the construction loan portfolio for the Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for:
a. locking of all loans and management of lock extensions.
b. daily reporting of secondary marketing and construction loan flash reports, investor contacts, rate surveys, and month ends reports.
c. distribution of daily rate sheets and daily uploads of rates to websites.
d. Maintain and enter all data within Encompass Loan Origination System.
2. Validates loan pricing and enters locks into Encompass. Validates and locks loans with investors. Completes all loan changes and reprices loans accordingly.
3. Monitors progress of the construction loan pipeline, creates, and distributes reports, administers construction draw process and disbursements, and completes conversion of construction loans to permanent financing.
4. Communicate with active construction loan customers regarding draws, inspections, and eventual conversions.
5. Monitor mailbox for all customer inquiries and requests; respond accordingly.
6. Order title rundowns, and home inspections when a draw is requested.
7. Monitors insurance of ongoing construction loans for expiration dates.
8. Tracks and communicates to loan officers weekly about expiring rate locks, prices extensions and extends the loans with Loan officers and investors.
9. Obtains funding statuses from Post closing and reviews for expiring rate locks.
10. Runs sweeps at various times throughout the day to capture all new loans and loan changes. Compares lock report to system to ensure all loans are properly input.
11. Responsible for all department filing.
12. Follow up on and clear outstanding investor conditions for loans in que for purchase.
13. Assist in loan level data collection for bulk loan sales as directed by Management.
14. Performs other duties as directed by Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• General knowledge of banking regulations, governmental and secondary market requirements
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong spreadsheet skills.
• Full knowledge of bank products and services or ability to be trained and learn quickly.
• Must be detailed oriented with extremely good follow up skills.
• Familiarity with mortgage industry terms helpful.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• A minimum of one year of banking experience, preferably in the Mortgage Department.
Internal and External Contacts
• Extensive contact with loan officers.
• Frequent external contact with the public.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
For Recruiting Agencies
OceanFirst Bank does not accept agency resumes submitted by third-party vendors unless a valid agreement has been signed and the OceanFirst Bank Talent Acquisition Team has granted authorization for submissions regarding a specified position. Please do not forward resumes to us, OceanFirst Bank employees or any other company location. OceanFirst Bank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.