The Ancillary Branch Services Representative is responsible for providing exemplary customer care in all Ancillary Branch Services Department interactions. This position performs functions related to eBranch services, the detailed establishment and maintenance of IRA retirement account plans according to regulations, CIF maintenance and the processing of levies and branch-related subpoena research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishes and maintains retirement account participant files, including but not limited to Decedent and Inherited IRA accounts in accordance to appropriate regulations.
2. Monitors all prospective mandatory distribution participants annually.
3. Distributes IRS required forms and related corrections when needed, including Form 1099R, Form 5498, and year-end statements.
4. Arranges for and receives deposits of retirement account assets transferred to Bank from other institutions.
5. Reviews documentation and prepares checks for retirement account assets being transferred to other institutions.
6. Completes activities related to eBranch customer convenience options.
7. Performs activities related to levy processing and branch-related subpoena research.
8. Performs reviews and corrects all daily department maintenance and forms submitted by Branch for retirement accounts.
9. Receives and addresses internal customer inquiries and requests related to Ancillary Branch Services functions in a timely manner.
10. Completes research and resolves errors or discrepancies.
11. Receives and reviews reports and prepares correspondence related to mandatory retirement account distributions.
12. Serve as backup to review IRS system reports.
13. Receives and processes returned mail.
14. Performs retirement account and other deposit account CIF level maintenance.
15. Processes monetary transactions related to Ancillary Branch Services customers and accounts.
16. Receives and processes levies.
17. Answers routine inquiries from branch staff related to department products and services.
18. Contribute to achieving satisfactory audit results and remediating recommendations in a timely manner.
19. Assists the Ancillary Branch Services Supervisor with the creation and ongoing development of the IRC including (but not limited to) telecommunications systems, operational systems, creation of work flows and scripts, development of procedures, and/or preforms appropriate training.
20. Completes copy requests for Bank Statements, Loan Statements, 1098/1099/1099R Statements, Checks and Deposited Items.
21. Performs research pertaining but not limited to Medicaid Requests, S.S.I Requests, Levies and Subpoenas.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of IRS reporting, decedent procedures, and mandatory distributions related to retirement accounts.
• Familiar with related banking regulations and requirements.
• Knowledge of Banking operating systems; proven user experience strongly preferred.
• Effective interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Detail oriented with attention to accuracy and strong research skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to learn and adapt to changing departmental procedures.
• Ability to practice discernment and effective decision making skills.
Experience & Education
• High school diploma or equivalent required. College coursework preferred.
• 1-3 years experience in retail banking.
Internal and External Contacts
• Frequent contact with Branch Managers, Branch Personnel, Wealth Management Department and Alternative Investment Representatives.
• Periodic contact with compliance support vendor related to retirement accounts.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity