The BSA/Fraud Analyst investigates, analyzes, and documents suspicious BSA and Fraud activity through system alert monitoring, exercising independent judgment and decision/resolution following Federal and state banking laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts investigations of potentially suspicious BSA and Fraud activity related to alerts or assigned cases from the system or reported by Bank employees, Bank customers or law enforcement authorities. Suggests appropriate actions for resolution.
2. Prepares Suspicious Activity Reports and advises management as appropriate.
3. Interacts with lines of business to resolve issues as appropriate.
4. Conducts BSA/AML and Fraud Loss Prevention training initiatives.
5. Remains current on regulations pertaining to Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering to help ensure Bank’s compliance and advises staff as appropriate.
6. Acts as a procedural resource for the various business lines and staff on matters pertaining to BSA/AML.
7. Performs review and disposition of alerts or assigned cases in BSA/AML system.
8. Maintains customer files with current investigation and current customer information.
Processes OFAC Updates and FinCEN Requests against customer database and/or analyzes potential matches to determine validity.
9. Exercises sound judgment while examining, identifying and documenting suspicious account activity, behaviors and patterns.
10. Conducts analysis on transactional data to make determinations of irregular activity through understanding of industry norms, historical customer activity and regulatory definitions of suspicious activity.
11. Monitors returned deposited items for potential suspicious and/or fraudulent activity.
12. Recommends enhancements or modifications to department procedures and automated BSA/AML and Fraud systems.
13. Conducts and maintains manual reporting of internal reports surrounding Wires, Business loans, SAR filings etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of BSA/AML regulatory and compliance requirements and Branch operations.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in analysis and resolution with suspicious or fraudulent activity.
• Proven initiative and strong ability to meet principal accountabilities with limited direction and oversight.
• Detailed multi-task oriented with excellent research, analytical and documentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Proficient use of MS Office Suite and Internet.
• Ability to work independently and maintain flexible work schedule.
Experience & Education
• Associates Degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience; Bachelors Degree preferred.
• 3 to 5 years bank experience, with prior experience in BSA/AML and Fraud or related Compliance or Audit experience required.
• Certified Anti-Money Specialists (CAMS) designation preferred.
Internal and External Contacts
• Frequent contact with Retail Branch management and staff, and Compliance Officer.
• Occasional contact with local police departments and prosecutors. Interaction with Retail Customer Services, Retail Support Services, Legal, and Internal Audit Department, other departments and service providers as necessary.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity