Responsible for loan underwriting and preparation of credit approval packages. Oversee the development and growth of the loan portfolio.
1. Prepare written financial analysis and credit approval packages for new loan requests, renewals and annual reviews.
2. Perform all necessary due diligence in underwriting loan requests.
Typical Job Duties
1. Underwrite loan requests in compliance with Bank standards, including analysis of Borrower’s character, credit worthiness and financial condition.
2. Make recommendations for all commercial loan requests.
3. Work with all business lines in proactively promoting commercial loans.
4. Make joint business calls with Lenders and prepare call memorandum when appropriate.
5. Stay current with credit procedures, policy, legislation and general banking skills.
6 Order appropriate credit reports, searches, etc. required for all borrowing requests.
7. Research industry information from outside sources.
8. Participate in community events.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with background in finance, business administration or accounting.
2. Strong written and oral communication analysis with adeptness at critical financial analysis.
3. Computer literacy, self motivation, customer focus, sales and results orientation.
4. Minimum of 2-4 years of credit and/or lending experience also required.
5. For the respect of our customers and staff, professional dress, hygiene and appearance is expected at all times.
6. Flexibility in work schedule.
7. Travel to other locations may be necessary. A valid NJ Driver’s License, in good standing, is required and access to a vehicle for use in the course of business
8. (For Small Business Credit Analysts only) Complete and pass the RMA SBL: Small Business Lending course.
Internal and External Contacts
1. This position has frequent external customer, prospect and referral source contacts.
2. Close internal contact with Lenders and Portfolio Manager.
For Recruiting Agencies
OceanFirst Bank does not accept agency resumes submitted by third-party vendors unless a valid agreement has been signed and the OceanFirst Bank Talent Acquisition Team has granted authorization for submissions regarding a specified position. Please do not forward resumes to us, OceanFirst Bank employees or any other company location. OceanFirst Bank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.