The Deposit Operations Representative performs departmental functions to ensure optimum customer service support levels are provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responds to incoming telephone requests from internal customers.
2. Works in conjunction with the statement rendering company to ensure the timely rendering of customer statements.
3. Assists in the 1099, W9, W8 and B notice programs.
4. Processes select branch requests forms.
5. Posts rejected incoming wires to customer accounts.
6. Maintains the Bank’s Opt In and Opt Out requests according to regulations.
7. Creates Over the Counter records for all bond redemption’s and promotions.
8. Coordinates the distribution of all IRS levies and back up withholding on accounts to the Ancillary Branch Services department.
9. Processes bank collections.
10. Review high dollar checks for signatures, check stock and other items that could indicate fraud.
11. Processes subpoena requests in accordance with legal specifications and time frames.
12. Processes adjustment requests received by customers and other banks.
13. Prepares the supply requests for the entire department.
14. Monitors the activity of money market accounts in accordance with regulations.
15. Validates the maintenance on all stop payments.
16. Performs all duties that pertain to the archiving system for the department.
17. Acts as Wire Room Processor when primary is out of office.
18. Reconciles check vendor billing.
19. Maintains the Bank’s online products which includes personal and small business online banking and Bill Pay, Mobile and Text Banking.
20. Performs various back office functions to support the Bank’s Totalmatic/Direct Debit/Deposit program.
21. Participates in all back-office aspects of the ACH/Direct Deposit program.
22. Performs all aspects of the Return Deposited Check process.
23. Reconciles department general ledgers.
24. Tracks overdrawn checking accounts and takes appropriate action.
25. Processes daily rejected inclearing items, check charges,
26. Acts as back up to Wire Room Processor when he/she is unavailable.
27. Prepares analytical reports in Data Warehouse.
28. Processes the check adjustments received by the Federal Reserve Bank.
29. Tracks the department time frame and standard results.
30. Verifies daily and monthly general ledger reconciliations.
31. Assists with merger validation.
32. Acts as back up for Wire Room Processor and maintains working knowledge of all rules governing Wire Transfers, such as: OFAC, BSA, FinCEN, Reg J, UCC4A, and the Patriot Act.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to apply Mathematical skills and concepts.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Analytical and technical skills along with logical thought processes are required.
Experience & Education
• High school diploma or equivalent required. College coursework preferred.
• 1- 3 Prior experience in bank branch/operations preferred.
Internal and External Contacts
• Considerable regional and frequent inter-regional contact.
• Frequent contact with vendors.
• Daily contact with customers in response to inquiries and problems with regard to deposit accounts.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.