The Senior System Administrator provides Network or Application programming capabilities using Bank supported programming languages, structured methodologies, and programming standards. This role’s primary focus is on coding, testing, implementing, and documenting in-house systems. The Senior System Administrator provides customer support for existing in-house and package software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works directly with the Manager to support the IT Infrastructure that includes but is not limited to: VMWare, Windows & Linux Servers, SCCM, SQL Server, IIS, Office 365, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Citrix.
- Utilizes scripting languages such as Power Shell, VB script, batch scripting for automating and scheduling server administration tasks.
- Works with the rest of the System Administration team to perform windows system patching and vulnerability remediation
- Supports on-prem & cloud-based backup solutions including backup, restoring and validating.
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of systems-related project planning, design, and engineering of systems, including system performance management, security audit and remediation.
- Researches reviews and recommends hardware and software improvements.
- Mentors and trains lower-level Systems Administrators and acts as a resource to other team members.
- Supports daily operations including hardware and software configurations, monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, provisioning, and Disaster Recovery testing.
- Supports system and application upgrades and enhancements.
- Administers physical and virtual server infrastructure.
- Monitors and reports on system availability and performance.
- Provides Level 2 Support to the Service Desk and Desktop Services teams.
- Reviews and research’s security and application event logs.
- Creates and maintains Infrastructure documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of LAN switches, Routers, Firewalls, and VPN devices.
- Working knowledge of VDI solutions is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of DHCP & DNS configuration using Microsoft-based and other vendors solutions.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- PowerShell scripting proficiency. Other scripting languages are a plus (VB, batch scripting).
- Must possess communication skills to effectively interface with internal business units to identify business requirements.
- Ability to work closely with external vendors to provide support for bank’s infrastructure.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other system administrators to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
- Ability to learn new applications and processes quickly.
- Ability to multi-task between multiple projects.
- Critical member of team. Must be reliable, dependable, and maintain a high degree of flexibility.
- Travel to other locations may be necessary. A valid Driver’s License, in good standing, is required and access to a vehicle for use in the course of business.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of five years system administration experience.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure preferred (Azure, AWS).
- Previous experience in team lead or supervisory role is a plus.
Internal and External Contacts
- Interact with business units to ensure system availability and functions.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint. This position is subject to continuous background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
For Recruiting Agencies
OceanFirst Bank does not accept agency resumes submitted by third-party vendors unless a valid agreement has been signed and the OceanFirst Bank Talent Acquisition Team has granted authorization for submissions regarding a specified position. Please do not forward resumes to us, OceanFirst Bank employees or any other company location. OceanFirst Bank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.