The Service Desk Analyst, under the general supervision of the Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the Service Desk operates as a highly professional service that meets the needs of the OceanFirst Network. The Service Desk Analyst must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explains its solution. Must be customer-oriented and patient to deal with internal customers. The goal is to create value for internal customers that will help resolve issues quickly. This position provides professional service-desk capabilities supporting bank authorized software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, email or text.
2. Ensures that request for assistance from users are properly logged, assigned and responded in a timely manner.
3. Performs remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
4. Determines the best solution based on the issue and details provided by internal customers.
5. Ensures adherence to escalation procedures and responds to escalated, complex and high user calls in a timely basis.
6. Guides internal customer through the problem-solving process.
7. Directs unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of the Windows operating environment and Microsoft Office application software.
• Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products and remote troubleshooting.
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
• Good understanding of network issues related to end user problems.
• Must be adaptable and capable of learning new software quickly.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Technical skills relating to PC hardware.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal customers.
• Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal business units.
• Ability to support bank related software and hardware.
Experience & Education
• High school diploma or equivalent, plus additional coursework or experience in Computer Applications.
• 1-2 years’ experience in a help desk or other customer service environment where computer application skills were required.
• Training in the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office application software.
Internal and External Contacts
• Interacts with internal customers regarding use of bank software and hardware.
• Communicates with third party vendors to expedite problem resolution for software and hardware issues.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.