The Ocean’s Balance Social Media Intern will work with the Director of Sales & Marketing to create visually appealing, meaningful, educational and entertaining posts related to the brand’s product line, seaweed aquaculture, cooking, marine biology, current events, etc. The ideal candidate will:
- Be reliable, detail-oriented, able to work independently and to meet deadlines;
- Have experience using social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook);
- Be able to take attractive pictures appropriate for social media (using your iPhone or camera);
- Be comfortable using graphic design platform Canva to create posts and other assets;
- Be a good writer;
- Be passionate about the environment and our oceans.
This is a fun job where you will gain first-hand knowledge of how an emerging brand operates, learn a lot about seaweed, and contribute to the company’s growth using your creativity and ability to think outside the box.
NOTE: This is a remote internship. We will meet twice a week (or more often if needed) via Zoom to determine upcoming posts, themes, asset creation and other projects as needed.