Posting Number 2021-12
SALARY RANGE (Grade 15A) CSA126: $71,398.69 — $105,000.00 (Commensurate with experience)
The OSA is looking for motivated individuals that seek-out public service as an opportunity to expand their knowledge and exposure to lots of new technology as well as give back to the community. If you are someone who loves to get things done, and can take on responsibility, then this is a great opportunity.
This is a remote work opportunity for an Azure Cloud Engineer charged with implementing, migrating and managing operating systems/applications and SaaS services in a hybrid computing environment. While the position is based in Boston, Massachusetts, incumbents may work remotely anywhere in the United States. Incumbents must reside in the United States, must be available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard (or Eastern Daylight) time. Also, incumbents must be eligible to work in the United States on an unrestricted basis.”
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Functioning as an Azure Cloud Engineer charged with implementing, migrating and managing operating systems/applications and SaaS services in a hybrid computing environment. Incumbent needs to have subject matter expertise with deep knowledge of cloud technologies such as Azure Compute, Office 365, Exchange, DevOps, Hybrid, Identity, Management and Governance. The position resides within the OSA Enterprise IT organization and has broad responsibilities in helping to establish services between local systems, Commonwealth services and Azure Cloud. Our systems service OSA operations, Enterprise IT and Data Analytics Units. This position is the Cloud point person reporting to the Assistant Director of Infrastructure Operations.
Incumbent receives supervision from the Assistant Director of Network Infrastructure, or other managers as designed by the IT Director.
Incumbent may exercise direct supervision on 1-3 employees on projects or as needed basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will have a lead role in migrating OSA operations to Office 365 and One Drive. Lead role in developing management and governance processes for Cloud access. Will help create cloud based environments for development, operations, database connectivity and interfacing with Commonwealth systems. Will design, implement and monitor maintenance operations and cost center for Cloud users. Responsible for communicating Cloud concepts and new procedures to technical teammates and business users. Will work with developers, Data Analytics, Database Administrators and service providers to support and maintain Cloud systems. Will have input on cyber security processes for Cloud activities. Will provide support and feedback to network engineering support.
- Technology Planning.
- Azure migration experience with planning and execution.
- Azure Backup, Automation and Monitoring technology experience.
- Azure Site Recovery knowledge.
- Cost Management and Billing planning.
- Network and Traffic Management planning experience.
- Planning for Cloud Services especially for Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Azure data and analytics platform.
- Program and Project Delivery
- Help implement collaborative environments for new information and data architectures.
- Must be able to coordinate others activities, manage own time and resource others across simultaneous projects.
- Must be able to work with Operations, Infrastructure and Development teams to create best practices for secure migration and operation to Azure Cloud Applications development and sandboxing.
- Participate in Applications review processes with development groups.
- Will assist in the standardization of code development practices including application language selection, code repository processes, Testing, QA and production roll-out.
- Actively partners with Office of the State Auditor (OSA) and Commonwealth Technologists to better deliver applications platforms.
- Works with internal and external resources (i.e. contractors) to discover best Cloud technologies and practices suitable for OSA implementation.
- Helps to create and maintain cloud policies and procedures.
- Communication and Collaboration.
- Ensures information flows freely among other managers and the overall department.
- Actively solicits cross-functional collaboration across individual contributors, teams and overall department.
- Works with peer organizations on collaboration efforts as well as benchmarking against the department’s technical strategy.
- Ensures communication of IT related announcements with business partners across the business operation and technical groups.
The successful candidate will possess and/or demonstrate:
- At least 2 years of experience engineering and administering Azure Cloud solutions in a team environment.
- Demonstrated project leadership.
- Demonstrable experience of Azure Cloud adoption frameworks archiving migration to cloud infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of Office 365 architecture, Azure Active Directory and Identity.
- Experience with PowerShell and Azure CLI.
- Experience with Azure networking, storage and compute.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 and above.
- Knowledge and experience working with information security architectures.
- Knowledge of IP networking and topologies.
- Experience setting and accomplishing challenging goals.
- Competent presentation skills.
- Experience with Azure Security Center and VPN Gateway.
- The ability to supervise, including planning work assignments, and determining the training needs of subordinates.
- High level of both oral and written communications skills including the ability to communicate complex technical information effectively to non-IT staff.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (BS) or equivalent IT competence.
- Software security and QA assessments.
- ITIL and PMP project management concepts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft DevOps.
- Knowledge and experience with Hyper-V and virtual machines.
- Knowledge of Azure data and Analytics platforms.
- Azure Migrate.
- Azure Storage concepts especially, Managed Disks, Storage Accounts and Backup.
- Azure App Service and Web App for Containers.
- Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Azure Firewall.
- Experience with Docker technologies.
- Five or more years of experience with Cloud technologies is a plus.
No Phone Calls Please:
To apply, please submit an electronic copy of a cover letter and resume, no later than June 20, 2021 via the MassCareers website: Click Here
The Office of the State Auditor is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Employment actions such as recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals are based upon a policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions and actions are made without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, military status, genetic information, political affiliation, or veteran’s status.