Posting Number 2020-18
SALARY RANGE (Grade 15) CSA129: $ $73,540.65 — $110,311.50 (Commensurate with experience)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The duty of the senior software developer is to create and maintain API data exchange processes, browser based applications, and data pipelines. The position helps drive efficiency through the expansion of data analysis and visualization software, along with workflow systems for Auditors and Investigators. The incumbent will be responsible for data architecture applications and Cloud / Premises systems development in conjunction with the OSA Data Analytics units. The developer influences the migration to key new platforms and implements reliable software frameworks. This job resides within Enterprise IT which is responsible for Development, Operations, Licensing, Customer Support, Project Management, Data Curation, Training and business analysis. The position is being filled to bridge the gap between Enterprise IT and rapid development efforts within the Data Analytics units.
The OSA is looking for motivated individuals that seek-out public service as an opportunity to expand their knowledge get valuable experience and give back to the community. If you are someone who loves getting things done and can take on responsibility, we have the job for you.
While this positon is based out of OSA’s Boston office (One Ashburton Place), please note that in response to COVID-19, OSA employees are currently working from home (telecommuting.)
Incumbent receives general supervision from the assistant director of development in the Enterprise IT organization.
Incumbent may exercise direct supervision on 1-3 employees on projects or as needed basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for analyzing, developing and maintaining data exchange services via API and the supporting data models. Develops and configures browser based applications and integrations with UI and on-premises / Cloud (SaaS) applications. This position also works to create, maintain and communicate enterprise information and data architecture in conjunction with the Data Analytics Unit Solutions Architect. Additionally, as the enterprise moves key applications to loud hosted and SaaS solutions, the position will help support the migration of key business functions to new or upgraded systems and security architectures.
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology areas
- Bridge communications between Microsoft Enterprise tools and 3rd partly platforms
- Develop and implement appropriate solutions through C#.Net and MS SQL for applications that allow collection, organization and visualization of data
- Integrate on-premises applications with Cloud systems
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage projects, develop requirements, create statements of work and communicate progress on goals to both technical and non-technical groups
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating requirements documents, use-cases, designs and other technical artifacts
- Prepare SQL scripts for modifying and maintaining production database schemas and data
- Write optimized queries, views and stored procedures for integration with other applications
- Create and configure database models and schema for data warehouse, infrastructure and optimization
- Create testing and QA protocols
- Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks
- Support cross-functional innovation projects and integrated business solutions to enhance stakeholder capabilities and efficiencies
The successful candidate will possess and/or demonstrate:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience programming in a team environment
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming with Microsoft SQL and C# .Net frameworks
- Ability to design SQL databases given applications demands and data models
- Technical hands-on experience with API programming and ETL data exchange processes
- Experience supporting a test-driven development culture
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft TFS, DevOps and or GitHub / Visual Studio
- Knowledge and experience working with information and security architectures
- Experience with QA assessments
- Enthusiastic to gain experience creating third-party “no-code/low-code” solutions
- Experience setting and accomplishing challenging goals
- Experience programming in Agile methodologies
- Experience with creating in Microsoft Power Apps and CRM
- Experience with Python and PowerShell
- Exposure to Docker container platform to include managing application data and server configuration
- Technical hands-on experience with Azure Cloud, SaaS solution integration for on premises and cloud based databases
- Knowledge of building server side, back-end software such as with REST
- Knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 and above
- Exposure to ITIL, and PMP project management concepts
- Exposure to DART, RUST or Julia for AI applications development
- Knowledge of IP networking and topologies
HOW TO APPLY:
No Phone Calls Please
To apply, please submit an electronic copy of a cover letter and resume to OSA.email@example.com. When you apply, we invite you to submit a copy of the OSA’s Voluntary Self Identification Form with your resume.
The Office of the State Auditor is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Employment actions such as recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals are based upon a policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions and actions are made without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, military status, genetic information, political affiliation, or veteran’s status.