A Job Where You Can Make a Difference!
At Old Colony YMCA, important and compelling work is done through seven full-facility branches, a multi-site childcare branch; a branch serving families experiencing homelessness and a branch that operates residential/non-residential programs for adolescents. The Old Colony YMCA has over a $60 million operating budget and approximately 2,000 employees. Our corporate offices are located in Brockton, MA.
Aquatic and Program Director
Under the supervision of the Branch Executive Director, the Aquatic and Program Director will bring engaging family experiences to Easton branch families through programming, open time, well-kept facilities and events. Working as an integral part of a branch leadership team, the Aquatic and Program Director will provide oversight of all aquatic facilities, safety operations, and certified staffing in support of the Mission of the Old Colony Y. The Aquatic and Program Director will display and encourage the character traits of caring, responsibility, honesty and respect in the fulfillment of all job duties and in alignment with the Association’s strategic priorities and affiliated regulatory agency requirements.
· Serve as a liaison between parents, staff and other administrative personnel.
· Effectively program the pool facilities and overall program department to ensure maximum usage and family engagment.
· Supervise aquatic and family events and encourage staff and members to participate in all branch and Association programs, services and events to gain maximal membership benefit.
· Develop program adaptations and progressions to support program growth and realization of Association Signature Program Potential
· Work with Easton Public School System to deliver the Water Wise water safety program to all district second graders
· Teach swim and program classes as needed as well as Lifeguard as needed.
SUPERVISION OF STAFF AND OPERATIONS:
· Recruit, hire, train and evaluate aquatic and program staff and volunteers
· Ensure that all certifications and in-service training requirements are up to date for all staff.
· Develop and manage annual budget as it pertains to branch programming, membership growth and safety.
· Provide leadership to the greater branch, serving as a Cause Driven Leader on Duty when necessary, including scheduled nights and weekends
· Provide leadership to ensure security, maintenance and safety of pool area.
· Serve as community liaison and Y program ambassador promoting Y programs through public appearances as needed.
· Monitor overall pool safety habits of lifeguards and participants
• WSI or YMCA Swim Certification required
· Team Leader Certification from Y-USA within the first year of hire
· Must acquire (with guidance from OCY) and maintain certification with the following and within required timelines: Ellis LG & LGI, YMCA Swim Instructor and YMCA Swim Instructor Trainer, YMCA Aquatic Management, and Pool Certification
· Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Must be physically able to teach aquatic lessons and lift an adult from the pool to the pool deck
The Old Colony YMCA offers a competitive salary, training and development, discounts on childcare, free fitness membership, and a 10% employer-paid retirement plan.
Apply through: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1173315&d=WorkatY