Why join us?
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story.
At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
OMERS Private Equity (“OPE”) is a $10 billion evergreen fund making direct private equity investments on behalf of OMERS. With a focus on long-term value, OPE invest in market-leading companies with strong management teams and clear value-creation opportunities. Our goal is to build an industry-leading private equity portfolio, diversify by geographic market, economic sector, stage of development and industry.As a member of this team, you will gain exposure to evaluation and execution process of new investment opportunities by:
- Learning to develop financial models depicting a company’s historical and projected financial result
- Assisting with research, analyze and evaluate new investment opportunities through industry research, competitor assessments, financial statement analysis and financial modeling
- Preparing commercial and operational due diligence
- Assess financial returns and risks for new investment opportunities
- Prepare internal investment presentations
You will also gain exposure to key areas of management of existing portfolio companies such as:
- Evaluating operating and financial performance
- Working alongside management to research and execute tuck-in acquisition
- Supporting capital structure management, including debt refinancing, tax planning and capital budgeting
- Ad hoc operating projects alongside management
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Current enrollment in the first or second year of a four-year undergraduate degree
- Interest or curiosity about private equity, investment banking, equity research etc.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and both written & verbal communication skills
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $109 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2019. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.