Reports to: Cassie Supilowski, Senior Director of Data Solutions, National
Start date: February 2022
Location: Preferred within a OneGoal region: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; New York City, NY; Bay Area, CA, but flexible within the following states: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
Despite decades of work and millions of dollars invested, the degree divide continues to be one of our nation’s most complex and critical injustices, with deep roots in systems of oppression and racism. Only 22% of students from low-income communities earn a college degree, compared to 67% of their peers from high-income areas.
COVID-19 further exposed and exacerbated inequity in communities of color and those in low-income areas impacted at disproportionately high rates. We are looking for individuals to join us in our fight for equity during this extremely critical time.
- OneGoal has grown from a small afterschool program serving just 32 students in Chicago to a nationwide movement that is serving some 12,500 students in six communities.
- Our model, honed over 14 years, has three core differentiators: A rigorous, culturally relevant content and experience, cohorts of students who can support each other over the course of three years, and a teacher who supports our most vulnerable students’ long-term ambitions.
- 88% of OneGoal high school graduates enroll in a postsecondary institution and 79% of those who enroll persist one year after high school.
The Manager, Data Solutions – Salesforce (MDS) contributes to the evolution of OneGoal’s technology platform (strategy, architecture, integration, and information management) to help OneGoal achieve its strategic goals for the current phase of our organizational development. Your role involves the application of technical knowledge to the hands-on execution of data management and data system development. You are excited to be part of a team that provides others with the tools and resources to have increased agency in the decisions and choices they need to make in their roles.
Key goals your role exists to help us solve:
- Managing and maintaining a robust and evolving Salesforce instance.
- Developing user-facing data tools that are flexible, scalable, & responsive to evolving business needs and learnings.
- Engaging with end users to ensure that our systems meet the needs arising from the local context.
Here’s how you’ll do it:
System Administration (40%)
- Manage fields and page layouts on standard and custom Salesforce objects
- Manage user profiles and permissions
- Upload data in bulk from external and internal sources and empower others to do so
- Support efforts to improve data quality and health
- Monitor & support end users in troubleshooting issues
Product Ecosystem Development (30%)
- Develop new declarative (no code) features and processes for program, fundraising, talent acquisition, and external affairs, utilizing agile methodologies
- Utilize advanced features and functionality to build reports and dashboards that meet complex business requirements
Local Engagement (30%)
- Provide responsive and proactive training and support to 150+ staff across our national teams and six OneGoal regions in order to increase capacity to access & leverage data to drive decisions, with the support of your People Manager and team
- Connect staff to resources and each other as needed to share learnings in support of continued innovation
- Create system documentation for staff (handbooks, videos, learning modules, etc.)
Though the Manager of Data Solutions is likely to see themselves in the following examples, these are not requirements. These examples are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion and purpose.
You are passionate about the Salesforce product ecosystem.
- You eagerly and actively seek out new functionality as it becomes available and can evaluate the potential benefits of new features for an organization.
- You are familiar with the Salesforce community, know how to leverage available resources to find answers, and seek to contribute to the Salesforce community.
- You are developing your Salesforce skills and want to apply them as you learn.
- You reflect on both what you have achieved and how you achieved those outcomes.
You are a continuous learner.
- You put more energy into learning, collaboration and innovation, always asking the question “is there a better way?” and being willing to try something new.
- You work to help create a space in which everyone feels safe discussing failure in order to learn and grow.
- You take time to reflect, gain knowledge, and share your insights.
You love the big picture but are obsessed with the details.
- You love managing the details and have systems/processes that ensure that things don’t fall through the cracks.
- You thrive on creating, maintaining, evaluating and enhancing systems to maximize efficiency and deliver quality outputs.
You believe that actionable insights drive learning and improvement.
- You are excited about working with databases.
- You are able to implement tools that solve chronic challenges with data collection and quality.
- You consistently operate with the end user in mind.
- You balance using qualitative, quantitative, and anecdotal data to drive your work and pivot when necessary.
You value working collaboratively and innovatively.
- You thoughtfully evaluate the current solutions and identify ways to elevate our team’s effectiveness.
- You constantly strive to learn from and share learnings with your teammates, no matter your current knowledge or experience.
- You are thoughtful in taking risks that are in response to the needs of the organization.
You build the capacity of others.
- You are energized by responding to the needs of others and pride yourself in providing best in class support and partnership.
- You are proactive in building others’ capacity laterally and vertically and focus on finding “teachable moments.”
- When you share your learning with others, your natural curiosity is infectious and you often influence others to join you on your quest for knowledge.
- You value people over process and recognize that great support starts with strong relationships.
You are an effective communicator.
- You differentiate your methods and modes of communication based on the greatest potential for impact.
- You strike a balance between messaging that requires swift and short clarity, as well as those that would benefit from greater detail and depth of explanation.
- At least 1 year of experience with the Salesforce platform (Required)
- Became a Certified Salesforce Administrator within the past 18 months or actively working toward becoming a Certified Salesforce Administrator within the next 12 months (Required)
- Lived experience of the Fellows we serve (Preferred)
- Some experience as a Salesforce administrator, delegated administrator or power user (Preferred)
- Familiarity with or interest in learning and using Nonprofit Success Pack (Preferred)
- Knowledge of user experience/user-centered design principles (Preferred)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and G Suite skills (Preferred)
- Some travel (1-3 trips per quarter) will be required in the future once COVID-related restrictions are lifted
We understand that candidates may not meet every qualification that we have listed here. If this role and the mission of OneGoal seem interesting to you, please apply.