We are a fast-growing company with a single lofty goal: to bring personal aviation to the general public. Innovating at the leading edge of electric aviation technology, we have developed BlackFly, the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing VTOL personal aircraft. Join us in ushering in a new age of aviation.
We have an opening for a Software Engineer with a t least 2 years of professional experience. The role will largely focus on embedded development, but the ideal candidate would be capable of working in other software domains as necessary.
- Develop software/firmware for projects related to sensors, control systems, communications, and navigation for UAVs
- Improve testing automation, software quality, and data collection/analysis
- Assist in flight testing both locally and at remote sites (some travel required)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- Strong software skills (C/C++) and experience with microcontrollers
- Hands-on experience through employment, student teams, and/or co-op internships
- Experience with real-time systems, Linux development, and low level communication protocols (CAN, SPI, I2C, UART)
- Proficiency with a higher level language such as Python, C#, or Java
- Familiarity with UI programming, control systems, robotics, and/or sensors
- Experience designing and debugging custom hardware (PCBs and circuits)
- Interest in RC planes, quadcopters, or aviation
- Resourceful, curious, and never satisfied with the status quo
- Always thinking about how to make things more efficient
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented
- Love learning and being challenged
Opener is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Opener does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.