Oregon State Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Accounting and Banking manager to oversee staff in their critical work as fiscal and patient banking supportive services. If you have management, accounting and banking experience; we want you to apply now!
What you will do!
You will ensure contract compliance!
You will provide project management!
You will provide supervisory Management!
You will oversee patient banking and petty cash services!
You will represent OSH to auditors and other stakeholders!
You will ensure transactional compliance and authorization!
You will provide year-end reporting and biennium end transactions!
What’s in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· Six years of experience in supervision, staff-technical, or professional-level work related to accounting and/or banking services.
· Two years of this experience must have included supervision and management of a program, section, or unit which included:
o a) development of program rules and policies,
o b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans,
o c) program evaluation, and
o d) budget preparation.
** (NOTE: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent course work (144 quarter or 96 semester hours) in a field related to management, such as Business or Public Administration, or a field related to the program of the employing agency, may be substituted for three years of the required experience, but will not substitute for the two years of specialized experience.) **
· Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
· Ability to make decisions are made in all areas relating to supervision of staff such as daily operations, priorities, hiring, terminations, and dispute resolution.
· Experience making decisions to ensure payment obligations are met timely and accurately.
· Experience making daily decisions on appropriateness and classification of expenditures and payments.
· Experience making daily decisions interpreting State and Federal rules and regulations, internal control standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including decisions with regard to application of federal and state audit and review procedures for sub-recipient onsite fiscal compliance reviews.
· Please note preference will be given to candidates already familiar with the Statewide Financial Management System and policies.
How to apply:
Complete the online application online at oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-76920