Business Services Department of the Oregon State Hospital (OSH) is seeking an Accounting Tech to provide critical fiscal and patient banking support. This position ensures compliance and performs financial transactions. If you possess this experience and want to have a fulfilling career assisting OSH patients, we want you to apply today!
What you will do!
· Audit cash receipts received from the OSH markets to register amounts.
· Resolve discrepancies and implement process improvements.
· Track daily reconciliations and correct coding.
· Act as the custodian of the petty cash drawer.
· Ensure compliance with cash control policies and procedures.
· Reconcile cash drawer over and shorts.
· Disburse petty cash for approved purchases.
· Enter advances and receipts, and track petty cash outstanding advances in QuickBooks
· Obtain appropriate documentation and receipts supporting.
· Patent Payroll
· Patient Trust/Banking functions
· Researche and collaborate with the patient banking accountant
· Preform financial transactions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract payables, garnishments, cash receipting, etc.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· three years of technical support accounting experience. Two years of the experience must include a) coding transactions and checking them for propriety, b) balancing, and c) resolving discrepancies in computer edits;
· at least 90 quarter (60 semester) credit hours from an accredited college, university, or vocational-technical school that includes 12 quarter (9 semester) hours in accounting. (To receive credit for required courses, submit a photocopy of transcripts.)
· Training or experience must include using a computer to enter, update, or retrieve information.
· Experience with accounting transactions, accounts payables, medical billings, and Oregon travel policies.
· Point of sale experience operating a petty cash fund.
· Experience performing treasury or bank account reconciliations.
· Experience using SFMA, Quick Books, Avatar or another Financial System.
· Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
· Collaborative working skills with sharing information and coordination of processes.
· Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues.
· Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
· High degree of initiative and independent judgement.
· Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and explain complex rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Exhibited skills working with a team.
· Knowledge of the Oregon Accounting Manual and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and other fiscal guidance.
· Desire to continuously improve processes.