Collecting Race, Ethnicity, Language and Disability (REALD) and Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) data are a core component of strategies to support OHA’s goals of eliminating health inequities by 2030. OHA’s Office of Equity and Inclusion Division is seeking an experienced analyst with a passion for health equity and OHA’s health reform goals to:
· Lead the development of a REALD and SOGI Registry as required by HB3159 (2021).
· Work collaboratively with HB 3159 registry leads/staff across Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS), and Office of Information Services (OIS) to convene and work with community stakeholders most impacted by REALD and SOGI, and staff governance and steering committees related to this work, with an emphasis on strategic and policy planning and supporting implementation of key strategic initiatives.
· Be responsible for analyzing and synthesizing complex, disparate pieces of information into clear, consumable concepts.
· Support the development of the Registry and related downstream systems to meet REALD and SOGI requirements and utilize these data to inform policy and programmatic strategies designed to eliminate health inequities.
· Advise senior management; and provide policy analysis and engage with community based organizations most impacted by REALD and SOGI, leadership, government relations, Medicaid Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs), healthcare organizations, other state agencies, the Governor’s office, and other stakeholders.
· Provide guidance, scope of work, and work products as needed relating to the Registry and related downstream systems; scope of work and work products will involve both internal OHA/ODHS, OIS, analysts, and program staff as well as external contractors as needed to support the development of the Registry.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification such as:
Example: a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
· Must be able to objectively consider viewpoints and needs expressed by different partners including community groups and make a good faith effort at communicating such to their counterparts.
· Must skillfully lead groups with diverse and/or opposing views through a negotiating process that results in mutually acceptable solutions.
· Experience building and maintaining relationships with communities most impacted by REALD and SOGI.
· Experience in health policy and analysis, advancing health equity, anti-racism, addressing systemic health inequities and collaborating with communities most harmed by social injustice and health inequities.
· Demonstrated Project Management experience, including an ability to effectively manage project timelines, plans and deliverables.
· Preference will be given to individuals with degree in Public Health, Public Administration, advanced degree in related field or equivalent of job experience.
· Prefer knowledge of OHA data systems and standards for collecting REALD and SOGI data. Prefer experience collecting, analyzing and disseminating quantitative demogrphic data from a variety of public health and/or health-related resources.
· Prefer experiences working with quantitative public health and/or health care related datasets of various sizes and complexities housed in a variety of platforms.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
· Proficiency in database management tools including using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.