Fiscal Analyst, Acute and Communicable Disease Prevention (Fiscal Analyst 2) – Limited Duration (24 months)
Close date: 4/20/2021
Salary: $4441 to $6794 monthly
Location: Portland, Oregon
This is a full time, limited duration, classified position which is represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Acute and Communicable Disease Prevention (ACDP) Section is recruiting for a Fiscal Analyst to provide fiscal oversight and technical expertise to the managers and contractors in the ACDP Section. The ACDP Section works with local health departments, other states and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to prevent and control communicable diseases and outbreaks of acute diseases in Oregon.
NOTE: Most of the work will be conducted remotely at an alternate worksite with full access to the needed operating systems and technology. However, there are times that the work will need to be conducted at the central work location listed in this announcement, the Portland State Office Building located at 800 NE Oregon Street, Portland, OR 97232. Work location can be changed at any time at the discretion of the hiring manager.
What will you do?
As the Acute and Communicable Disease Prevention Fiscal Analyst, you will develop, coordinate and analyze grant budgets; coordinate fiscal operations; and award and monitor contracts in collaboration with program and section managers. You will coordinate and monitor fiscal, grant, and contract management systems for the section; ensure alignment with agency, division, and center expectations; and work daily with program managers to meet program needs and administrative budgetary data requirements.
In this role, you will be expected to learn and maintain awareness of program policy changes that may impact grants and contracts. Additionally, you will evaluate fiscal operations and recommend solutions for any identified gaps.
What’s in it for you?
The public health division is a team of passionate individuals working to promote health across the lifespan of individuals, families, and communities. We value and support unique perspectives using a trauma-informed approach and aim to reflect these values in our hiring practices, professional development and workplace. We are committed to racial equity as a driving factor to improve health outcomes for all communities that experience inequities.
We offer full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and 10 paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you are a skilled fiscal analyst with grant and contract experience, apply today.
What are we looking for?
· Minimum requirements: Five years of progressively responsible professional level experience that included the preparation, analysis, and administration of a budget or fiscal system; OR five years of professional-level experience in accounting, fiscal auditing, management or program analysis. Experience must have included modeling, forecasting and analyzing fiscal information. (NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, finance or accounting may be substituted for two years of the professional level experience.)
· Extensive experience with financial systems and software.
· Experience managing grants and contracts.
· Experience querying complex databases to extract data needed to build financial reports and documentation.
· Extensive experience in Excel in order to track, compile, analyze and forecast statistical and financial information.
· Experience analyzing complex financial issues, recognizing problems and discrepancies, determining recommendations, and providing clear and accurate feedback to management staff.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of governmental accounting, finance and budgeting.
· Education and/or extensive experience in business management or accounting principles.
· Experience communicating orally and in written form.
· Experience communicating technical information verbally and visually to diverse audiences.
· Must demonstrate professional and positive demeanor in all interactions.
· Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.